Help with baby sulcata

Animevamp

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I have two baby sulcata tortoises. One is fine and active and his shell feels fine and he eats great. The other ones shell is soft and he is seeming less active. Help? Advice? Their basking temp is about 95 they have two different shade spots to hide in. I keep orchard grass in the enclosure and give them greens daily dusted with vitamins or calcium depending on what I gave them the day prior. I’ve read multiple threads on here and have tried putting them in separate enclosures to feed them and giving the one with the soft shell alil extra calcium but it doesn’t seem to be helping. They get baths about 5 times a week.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Animevamp

Virginia
Greetings.... what kind of enclosure are you using, heating, lighting, substrate, humidity levels? Are you keeping them together in one enclosure? Babies as in how old?

Make sure you read this Care Guide. Pretty much everything you need to do is here.

✅ - https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...se-a-sulcata-leopard-or-star-tortoise.181497/

Welcome to the Forum
Using an enclosure I found online that was recommended for them forget the name of it. Have a uvb and heat bulb on them that’s a zilla brand. They are less then a year old. Using a mix of coconut fiber with cypress mulch on top.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Using an enclosure I found online that was recommended for them forget the name of it. Have a uvb and heat bulb on them that’s a zilla brand. They are less then a year old. Using a mix of coconut fiber with cypress mulch on top.
Are you keeping them together?
Answer the questions so we can help you.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Don’t keep them together. Read the Care sheet that they have provided you with.
You’ll need a closed chamber enclosure, maybe a plastic tote. To increase the humidity to 70-90% to prevent Pyramiding.
What are you feeding?
Post pictures of the tortoises and the Setup.