Help with adopting a tortoise in PA

Chef

5 Year Member
Hello all,

I found an ad on craigslist for a Pancake Tortoise in Scranton, PA. If anyone is able to purchase the tortoise and send her to me in Michigan I would love you forever! (and pay for expenses of course=)
If anyone would like to purchase the tortoise for themselves and give them a good home here is the ad: http://poconos.craigslist.org/for/4210698364.html

Please let me know. Either way I just want to know if someone can get her.
Thanks!

Britnigilbert

5 Year Member
So ur asking for a free tortoise.. Hahah I bet u that nobody on earth would do this for u

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
The OP is not asking for a free tortoise. They are asking if someone would either adopt the tortoise for themselves, or adopt it and ship it at the OP's expense.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Britnigilbert said:
So ur asking for a free tortoise.. Hahah I bet u that nobody on earth would do this for u

Read the post over again. What was the point in posting this in the first place? Wow.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, Britni. You misunderstand. Chef wants to buy the tortoise but lives in a different state. He's asking for someone to get the tortoise for him and ship it to him. Chef will pay for the tortoise and the shipping.

Chef

5 Year Member
jeffbens0n said:
The OP is not asking for a free tortoise. They are asking if someone would either adopt the tortoise for themselves, or adopt it and ship it at the OP's expense.
Exactly. I just wanted others to be aware that there is a pancake tortoise available in that area. I messaged the lady who owns the tortoise and she just wants to sell her because she cannot take care of her, which is why she only wants $50 for the pancake tortoise. So that's why I thought of it as an "adoption in need." For those who take care of pancake tortoises like myself, this is a great opportunity.

I am posting this here, hoping someone will buy her and give the tortoise a good home. If one day, I can then repurchase the tortoise from that person, that would be great! But I just wanted to give the tortoise a chance to be adopted to a good home through the forums rather than craigslist.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Try sending another message. Sometimes replies to ads and responses to those replies go to the bulk or spam box and if you don't check it, they just don't get seen. Maybe she doesn't check her bulk/spam box.

Chef

5 Year Member
CourtneyG said:
I contacted the lady about her, but I never got a response.

Are you in the area? Because her local UPS and Fedex offices won't let her ship the tortoise...