Help, what species?!?

Cicitina

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
I was given all information on Hermanns tortoises along with my little guy. After a couple weeks and reading on only Hermanns I’m just realizing now he is not a Hermanns! Is he marginated or greek?!? And how old would you estimate? (Please note I have child size hands)

215C972C-706B-4FA0-A81C-6FEEFEF1BF02.jpeg653CD117-2138-47A0-82AF-CD5D1D052595.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was given all information on Hermanns tortoises along with my little guy. After a couple weeks and reading on only Hermanns I’m just realizing now he is not a Hermanns! Is he marginated or greek?!? And how old would you estimate? (Please note I have child size hands)
No way for us to know the age.

Care and diet for greeks, hermanni and marginated is the same:

Can you post plastron shots for us?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would help us to help you if we can see the bottom of the tortoise (plastron).

I'll send an alert to @HermanniChris

saleena.lewis

Massachusetts

View attachment 304273View attachment 304274
It looks like a young hermanns tortoise to me.

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
No way for us to know the age.

Care and diet for greeks, hermanni and marginated is the same:

Can you post plastron shots for us?

FD81F966-CA64-4714-8597-19D6316209BE.jpeg4F4209E7-574B-4905-B3DA-7319FE4A24FE.jpeg

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I was thinking marginated as well- but i didn't want to post because greeks, hermanns, and marginateds look pretty similar as babies and I wouldn't want to make a misguiding wrong guess. But i'd say it does look most like a marginated.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
By the guide posted by Yvonne it looks like a marginated. Interesting article. Very cute no matter which!

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
I was thinking marginated as well- but i didn't want to post because greeks, hermanns, and marginateds look pretty similar as babies and I wouldn't want to make a misguiding wrong guess. But i'd say it does look most like a marginated.

Probably why I was sold it as a Hermanns