Help!! Virus on Computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi, I am in desperate need of some advice. My computer is shared with a 17 yr old son. On 3 different occasions we have contracted various viruses that have had to be cleared out by our computer guy. It's about 100-150 dollars and we have always blamed wherever he may go online.
Well these last few days I go online and everything is fine till I click on to TFO. Then I get 2-3 pop up boxes that will not go away till I red X them out. (Our computer guy insists we control/alt/delete anything we didn't ask for,but it does not get rid of it.) It will happen as soon as I move to get to another place, so you can imagine how hard it was sending out those SS last night. I have run all our scans multiple times an it is still going on. And it only happens after I click here, then it is whenever I go on the web, But not until I come here. Here is what comes up.:

[JavaScript Application]
evalInSandbox:Syntax
Error:Syntax error

[JavaScript Application]
Error Syntaxerror

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE????
NAy

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
RE: Help!! Virus on TFO???

I have webroot security, and haven't had too much trouble. I get attacked mostly on search engines (bing)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts

What anti virus are you using ?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

What browser are you using? Firefox? It might be caused by one of your extensions.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma

I run ATF cleaner,CCleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy and Malwarebytes' AntiMalware. at least every week.
I do use FireFox, How would I change to something else? ANd who?
Thanks

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Try using Firefox with the add-ons disabled and that may help narrow down the problem.

Help -> Restart with Add-ons Disabled

If the problem still occurs in safe mode, then it is something else. If the problem goes away, you can narrow it further by enabling the add-ons one at a time.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida

If you are using Windows as your OS, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. Download it, install it, let it update its definitions, and then let it run a full scan. It may identify something previously undiscovered by the other applications you have been employing.

What you posted does not explicitly indicate malware to me, but an error as it says. Still, give the MSE a shot. It is free.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

This is NOT a virus and is NOT coming from TFO.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I guess I just assume anything that goes screwy with my computer is a virus. Is there another term?? It is absolutely driving me nuts as this is our only computer. I just always hope things like this will go go away. I am wrong every time.
I will try the above, Boah. thanks
Jaiaei, that sounds more than I can do. I feel like I have run into safe mode before and had to call the computer guy to help me out of it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
To get the browser out of safe mode, you would just exit Firefox completely (all windows) and then reopen.

I think an extension is the most likely source of problem. Doing what I described in my previous post will let you know if it is or isn't. Perhaps this might explain it better than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.