HELP! Tortoises Stolen From Florida Home

henry2412

Location (City and/or State)
Rockaway NJ
I am NOT the owner of the tortoises, but just sharing the information. SO sad.

-----------------------------------------
We just want our family back! Please help us find who did this! Grey F150 Platinum with two tone tail gate pulled up to our back gate at 8:40am and stole our babies! They are 20 years old almost 100lbs each, and best friends with my daughter please help us get them back! African Spur Tortoises from Naples, Fl stolen 8:40 am 4-03-2020 please share let’s get them home. Reward! Anyone with information please call Collier county sheriffs office! Or Naples Police Dept. immediately!!!!! https://www.facebook.com/culture.shock.16991905960_1486440288184709_6457584046519091200_n.jpg92016249_1486442348184503_1829056121294290944_n.jpg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am so sorry for the family, I hope they will be found soon.

Texas
These sort of actions are actions that **** me off. Why would anyone want to steal tortoises that have been given a good home? Just to sell them? Just to mistreat them? I hope the family gets both these beautiful tortoises back.

Donna Albu

5 Year Member
Peoria, Maricopa County, AZ
Someone had to have found out that you had them, and decided to take them. It isn't like they bark at the gate. Start thinking about who had been at your home recently and had an opportunity to see them. That person may have told someone else about them. It takes a good amount of strength to lift a 100 lb sulcata, and they do not go willingly. Someone may have also been flying a drone over your neighborhood.

On occasion we have workers who need to enter our back yard, and then make comments about my tortoises. Always worries me. We keep our gate locked at all times except for when the trash company comes to empty the dumpster.

If they've been put into an enclosure that is not strong enough to hold them, they may escape. I hope you have signs up all over the place so if they get out, anyone who finds one or both of them can get them back to you. If you have access to a drone, I'd be checking out everyone's yard. I'm praying they are found safe and in good condition. I truly feel for your family.

Lyric

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida

We just want our family back! Please help us find who did this! Grey F150 Platinum with two tone tail gate pulled up to our back gate at 8:40am and stole our babies! They are 20 years old almost 100lbs each, and best friends with my daughter please help us get them back! African Spur Tortoises from Naples, Fl stolen 8:40 am 4-03-2020 please share let’s get them home. Reward! Anyone with information please call Collier county sheriffs office! Or Naples Police Dept. immediately!!!!! https://www.facebook.com/culture.shock.169View attachment 289731View attachment 289732
Saw this on Facebook. Be sure to check online sales Craigslist, Nextdoor etc. Hope that they ate found safe and healthy.

Relic

Here
Nobody - I mean nobody - that lives around me knows about my torts. I've got young kids living next door that would probably love to see them, but once that bell is rung, it can't be unrung, and the list of people who eventually know about them can be endless. If that makes me an unfriendly curmudgeon, so be it. Me and my shelled friends sleep better at night. Sadly, it's a different world out there from the one I grew up in. I hope those sulcatas literally tear-up their new quarters...

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina

We just want our family back! Please help us find who did this! Grey F150 Platinum with two tone tail gate pulled up to our back gate at 8:40am and stole our babies! They are 20 years old almost 100lbs each, and best friends with my daughter please help us get them back! African Spur Tortoises from Naples, Fl stolen 8:40 am 4-03-2020 please share let’s get them home. Reward! Anyone with information please call Collier county sheriffs office! Or Naples Police Dept. immediately!!!!! https://www.facebook.com/culture.shock.169View attachment 289731View attachment 289732
I’m so sorry for your family. With so much going on in the world now how can someone do something so horrible?

Relic

Here
Are large sulcatas easy to sell? I see them on Craigslist around me ALL the time. Kinda like treadmills, stair-climbers, and old picture-tube televisions...