Help tortoise diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyton

5 Year Member
I got my tortoise in January and he/she was doing fine until almost a month ago in found some diarrhea in the cage I didn't know who had it since I have 2 in the same cage because they are babies I feed them spring mix lettuce and give them soaks about 3 times a week the temps are about 90 in the day time and 70 to 75 at night and humidity is about 30 I also sprinkle calcium powder on their food 2 or 3 times a week and I also have a cuddle bone in there but neither of them touch it the just walk over it they also have a huge hide area and lots of places to walk in their cage I can't take them outside because I live in the country and I'm afraid something will get them and I can't pick food for them because since there is so many bugs we use a special killer that when any bug touches it dies I know he is not super sick because he eats like a horse but I just don't know what to do I'm very worried ( by the way I'm going to get a night light to keep the house warm at night and a warmer bulb for the daytime and my dad and I are going to build a huge 2 story enclosed place in my room for them)

Any advise would help thank you for reading my long message

Calcuta+sage=[HEAVY BLACK HEART]

I forgot to add that I got them at the same time from the same clutch

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Is spring mix their only food?
What species of tortoises are these?

Did you just see the loose stools once or have you found a few of them around the enclosure?

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I did look back at some of the older threads. The torts are hermanns. I don't know much about them. Is 30% humidity high enough for hermann hatchlings? Also, they need a wider variety of food.

Peyton

5 Year Member
Yes that is their only food and they are hermann tortoises and I found them randomly around the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.