Help there's something wrong with my tortoise

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
My first awareness of Escarole was some soup at a potluck. It tasted good, I inquired and so escarole was thereafter found in many grocery stores. I did not do well making my own soup, but quickly found the tortoises liked it, and subsequently found it's nutritious.
Yeah very nutritious. I may have to buy seeds and grow it myself.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Yes I've been soaking him multiple times today. I've been feeding him romaine, cucumber, and red cabbage. He would only eat the cucumber. I'm going to wegmans soon and I'm going to get either dandelion greens because he likes them or escarole and some fruit. His tank is 89 degrees.
Hi, hows your tort going.

sherlock15

He's doing good. He's more active and eating everything i put in front of him. I also ordered him some new lights today. :)

Attachments

• 1440623675559.jpg
    1440623675559.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 5

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
How long should the mvb Be on per day ?
I was speaking to @Tom a while back about an experiment he did regarding uv strength throughout the day. I can't find the thread or remember his exact results. However approximately 4hrs around mid day was high uv strength. The rest of the day was low uv output. So I would say 5hrs a day is OK for uv. However you need aprrox 12hrs of light. So you will need another source of light if you turn off your mvb.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was speaking to @Tom a while back about an experiment he did regarding uv strength throughout the day. I can't find the thread or remember his exact results. However approximately 4hrs around mid day was high uv strength. The rest of the day was low uv output. So I would say 5hrs a day is OK for uv. However you need aprrox 12hrs of light. So you will need another source of light if you turn off your mvb.

I just play with my UV meters a lot. UV levels are surprisingly low early in the day and late in the day, especially in the winter.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Glad he seems to be doing better.
Fair play Craig, all the time and effort you've put into helping out here.