Help - Scab/lump/crater in a crease on my Sulcatas neck

ToryTort

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool:Merseyside
Hello

I noticed a scab on my Sulcatas neck, I don’t know if he is cut his self on his shell.
I am worried it might be internal because there a sought of crater under the scab.
Could it be a possible infection.
He’s in the vet tomorrow was the earliest I could get.

C6DEC0D3-4779-4F10-894E-9F4799958299.jpeg E9B3DA94-E263-4E7E-9409-62EFCD4C0E9C.jpeg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum, @ToryTort .

Apologies: I cannot help you in the issue, as I am not a tort expert. But I can tag experts who will definitely be able to help.

@Yvonne G
@Tom

your help would be appreciated. Thank you both.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm a big fan of picking. I'm afraid that if it were my tortoise, I would try to pick off that scab to see what's going on under there. I don't recommend you doing that unless you have some styptic powder handy, though.

ToryTort

Liverpool:Merseyside
I'm a big fan of picking. I'm afraid that if it were my tortoise, I would try to pick off that scab to see what's going on under there. I don't recommend you doing that unless you have some styptic powder handy, though.
Hello Yvonne
I’ve only just been able to get back on my account.
When I first read your reply I thought this can’t be right haha, but after this post I took him the vet and she did exactly what you said and picked it off.
She said if it grows back to pick it off.
It has no signs of growing back and has completely gone.
I was putting antiseptic cream on it up until the other day. She said it must of been a wound, I was surprised how big the scab was when she removed it.
I just want to say thanks for your advice and reply. Thanks