Help!! Questions!!

GreenFire719

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina, USA
So put him In a little bowl of sorts with lukewarm water and let him soak? Should I do this outside?

Also for feeding I was thinking about giving him some squash and zucchini. Should I go get him some other things?
Yup. Make sure the water does not go above his lower shell. The container you are using should have enough room for him to walk around in and you need to keep an eye on him while he soaks. You can do this indoors or outdoors, but if outside make sure he has some shade from the sun.

I like to feed my girl mushrooms on occasion. Leafy greens like collard, mustard, and turnip greens are all very good for them to eat. Take a look at those links to the forum and there will be even more food listed you can feed them as well as ratios. There is also a care sheet in the forum under turtles and box turtles. If you haven’t read that already give that a good read. Good luck!

GreenFire719

North Carolina, USA
And for his food dishes, should those be above the dirt or buried?

For me, I like to sink all the dishes in the dirt so it’s easier to reach. I use a large terra-cotta saucer for water and a smaller terra-cotta saucer upside-down for food. Just know that your water is gonna dirt easily and probably need changed a couple times a day.

Jwbk03

Los Angeles
So I currently have him soaking in Luke warm water. He’s just sitting there and I’ll upload a photo.

I also have some squash and zucchini cut up and placed in this food dish by his wooden covering.

Jwbk03

Los Angeles
Here he is soaking

he just moved a little bit to face away from me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
L

LasTortugasNinja

Soak him for 30 min, whether he likes it or not. Get a small Tupperware container that he can't climb out of, put in the warm water, and make him stay put. He'll fuss for a minute or two, but then surrender to his bath. After about 15 to 20 min, he'll empty his bowels.

Jwbk03

Los Angeles
Soak him for 30 min, whether he likes it or not. Get a small Tupperware container that he can't climb out of, put in the warm water, and make him stay put. He'll fuss for a minute or two, but then surrender to his bath. After about 15 to 20 min, he'll empty his bowels.
So he’s been in for 10 to 15 minutes now and he hasn’t stopped trying to crawl out. I’m using a big Tupperware so he can’t even get close. He still hasn’t used the bathroom either and the water has gone cold but I’m outside and there’s sunlight in the water as well as some shade.

Jwbk03

Los Angeles
So he’s been in for 10 to 15 minutes now and he hasn’t stopped trying to crawl out. I’m using a big Tupperware so he can’t even get close. He still hasn’t used the bathroom either and the water has gone cold but I’m outside and there’s sunlight in the water as well as some shade.
I’m going to be bringing him inside in 5 minutes (it’s 1:55 right now)

Jwbk03

Los Angeles
Update!!

I bought some dandelion green and some collard greens and some plain canned pumpkin and he LOVES the pumpkin! I put that in like 10 minutes ago and that’s all he’s eating. He’s completely ignoring the collard and dandelion greens lol. He’s much more active now.