Help please, my tortoise has diarrhea

Tortoisekatie

i have had my tortoise for a year and he has always had hard small poo's . I recently changed him from pellet flooring to coir as recommended and while I was in the pet shop the guy told me about some cucumber flavoured food which you soak. I got him this and he seemed to really enjoy it. I have looked in his enclosure today and he has grey like soft poo and there is LOADS of it. I bathed him to wash it off him and he did it again and even more came out of him. What can I do to help him? Iv obviously taken the food off him and gave him his weeds as normal and certainly won't be making that mistake again but I feel so bad and really want to help the poor little fella out. Any help would be great.

Katie

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
It was a honest mistake, no need to feel bad, or guilt. Nothing really to do either the tortoise has prob. already forgotten/moved on.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Katie:

You should always introduce new food in small quantities. Also, those manufactured diets should be used as a supplement to fresh foods. I doubt there's any harm done. Cucumber is mostly water. So, water in - water out.