help need for indoor enclosure ???

Mammyjuls

Hi I have been reading about spur thighed tortise the golden greek one and getting confused as keep readying diffrent things

What temps are needed for day .warm and cool end and basking

And what humidity

This will be a young tortise

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
There are care sheets in each species sectioN. Read them, they have all the right answers :)

Mammyjuls

I have read it over and over again but still dos not tell me the temps and humidity it only tells you for new babies

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Its pretty much the same for older torts too. You can lower the humidity to about 30-50% for an adult.
I have a russian tort that is an adult. Her cool is 74 her warm is 82 and bask is 98-100. Her humidity is near 35%

Mammyjuls

So I should do the same temps but up the humidity a bit as my tortise will only be young

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
yes, temps generally do not change. In the wild, young tortoises often stay burried underground (where the humidity is higher) for much of the day, so they need a higher humidity in captivity for proper development. Make sure you also give your tortoise a bath every other day or so

Mammyjuls

So can i bath them one day then miss one day then bath next day so on ....
So would you say humidity should be about 50 or should it be higher

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
yes, but more baths don't hurt. If you have the time, a 20min bath in the morning every day would be great, but not necessary (assuming your tortoise is an adult, do you know exactely how old?). I don't have a greek tortoise, so I don't know about their humidity, around 50% for an adult sounds about right though. You can go in the species specific section of the forum though and ask people there

Mammyjuls

I don't have mine yet getting it on Thursday but no will not be a adult it will only be young about 1 yr old is

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don't have mine yet getting it on Thursday but no will not be a adult it will only be young about 1 yr old is
Has your hubby already made your bigger enclosure? He is a fast worker - can I borrow him?

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Post a picture of your new tort when it arrives and you will get more informative answers.

Good luck!