Help!!! Need advice on temp humidity and twins!!

Sophie1985

5 Year Member
Hi,

I have had breeding couple of Hermanns for years whom we have had lots of eggs from, we used to get someone to incubate them with a commercial incubator however she stopped laying fertile eggs a few years ago. She laid 6 about 4/5 weeks ago so I have made a homemade incubator, the temp is 33, I know this is a little high, but I can't seem to get that down, also the humidity, it's at about 65, how do I get it up?

Never the less 5 of the eggs are 100% fertile I can see them moving, they were in the airing cupboard for first two weeks so I think they are about 3-4 weeks developed from what I have researched. I have twins in one which I am also really scared about, they are currently about the same size and are on separate sides, there was a line down the middle of the embryos to start with, there are two air pockets which there are not in the others, does this mean it's a double yolk? Does that mean more chance of survival? so any advice on that is greatly appreciated. This is the first time I have done this and I am so excited, I don't want to mess it up, Thanks

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Oh, WOW! Twins are exciting and scary! I have no idea what to do (I've never hatched torts) but wish you ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD!!!
Hopefully some experienced breeders will comment soon! :)