Help my baby turtle is not eating :(

Esyun

Location (City and/or State)
Singapore
I recently got 2 baby tortoise 2 days ago and the one on the left in the picture is eating well, however the one on the right refuses to eat the tortoise food even thought I put it right infront of him. I and scared that he will die due to not eating :( plz help

2892D44B-221D-465B-9301-38989CFD4602.jpeg

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
those are turtles... red ear sliders if i had to throw out an uneducated guess. What exactly are you feeding them?

Esyun

Singapore
This turtle food sticks (oops my bad for saying Isa a tortoise)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
It may be the other turtle is bullying the one that's not eating... Other people will know more than me.

Esyun

Singapore
But the one that is not eating is freaking active and keep trampling on top of the one that is eating (it looks like he is trying to escape)

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I would separate them while eating. I have a yearling common snapper and he was housed with other clutch mates before they were released, and my little Elvis now has a half if a tail.. they nip at their tails I want to say because they look like food. Or their just jerks.. there could be bullying going on and that's why that one isn't eating. What's the water temps at? Elvis won't eat if it's to cold either or to hot. Hope this was some sort of help.

Esyun

Singapore
The water temperature is room temperature about 20C depend day and night and I will try to separate them during feeding. Thanks for the reply (one is eating well hence I think the temperature should be fine)

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
The water temperature is room temperature about 20C depend day and night and I will try to separate them during feeding. Thanks for the reply (one is eating well hence I think the temperature should be fine)
Okay. The little guy could be nervous to. Did you just get them? I also noticed Elvis doesn't like clear glass. He freaks. I have him in a blue Mr turtle pool instead of a tank. I hope the little guy starts eating soon for you. Fingers crossed. They're very cute by the way [emoji3526]

Esyun

Singapore
Thank you and yep I recently got them , and the one that is not eating is consistently running around, looking out and scratching against the glass standing on the one that eats -the calm one (maybe something caught his eyes •-•)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You need to set these babies up in a regular aquarium. The little plastic container you're using is the type we refer to as "turtle death bowls." You'll need a nice aquarium, a heater, a light, a filter and a landing dock. Something like this:
image_25.jpg

Your baby probably isn't eating because he's not warm enough. They have to be able to warm up their inner core in order for the food to digest. So they need a place to get out of the water and sit and warm up (under the light). 20C isn't warm enough. They need to be able to warm up to at least 27C

Esyun

Singapore
Ah I see , but I don’t have much space for such a big aquarium, however I will try to convince my mom to get the necessary things so that they can live well.

Esyun

Singapore
You need to set these babies up in a regular aquarium. The little plastic container you're using is the type we refer to as "turtle death bowls." You'll need a nice aquarium, a heater, a light, a filter and a landing dock. Something like this:
image_25.jpg

Your baby probably isn't eating because he's not warm enough. They have to be able to warm up their inner core in order for the food to digest. So they need a place to get out of the water and sit and warm up (under the light). 20C isn't warm enough. They need to be able to warm up to at least 27C
Okie I will give them more light and warmer water thank you for the advice :)