Help! Is my tortoise dead

Pinkshdw

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Yes I see the dish now, I mistook it for a leaf.
I'm not an expert but I will share my observations and thoughts with you.
Pet stores usually purchase their animals from an outside source. I believe that when your tort was purchased it was only a few weeks old. It looks very dehydrated or malnurished.
It sounds like your baby was getting the right amount of hydration from you, so this makes me lean towards malnurishment. One again, I don't think this is your fault. Let me explain..
I have heard reports of breeders using improper incubation mediums, such as perlite. When the baby hatches it often eats some of this medium which then breaks down and creates a sludge that lines the intestines preventing the baby from absorbing nutrients. I believe this or something similar is what happened. Others may have other opinions.
I completely understand. I made sure she always had fresh greens and carrots occasionally and tortoise chow available and occasionally sprinkled it without calcium. I just did the back leg pull and it slowly retracted and when I looked at her face her eyes seem more closed than they were before.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I completely understand. I made sure she always had fresh greens and carrots occasionally and tortoise chow available and occasionally sprinkled it without calcium. I just did the back leg pull and it slowly retracted and when I looked at her face her eyes seem more closed than they were before.
If you still want to fight for her, though chances are slim you can try soaking in pureed carrot baby food. Thinned and warmed with water. She may absorb some through her cloaca.

Melis

Maryland
I hate to say but those eyes look sunken in like a tortoise that has passed. I hope I am wrong :(