Help!! I think coco is sick! ???

Mikayla777

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I’m out correctly trying to find him something for him!! I’m sick to my stomach!!
I’m be home in a little bit!! I soaked him in water again today! I wonder if cuttle bone will help him right now??
The one I ordered online still hadn’t gotten here! Gave him a little food with calcium D3!
when my little Babydoll was sick, Reptaid and pedialyte (Half water, half unflavored pedialyte) helped bring her back. Lots of prayer as well. a normal.heating pad against her house keeps her warm.

My littlr Babydoll.was picky about Calcium. She only ate minerall.and now natural chalk I found on ebay..from some mountains in Russia.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
when my little Babydoll was sick, Reptaid and pedialyte (Half water, half unflavored pedialyte) helped bring her back. Lots of prayer as well. a normal.heating pad against her house keeps her warm.

My littlr Babydoll.was picky about Calcium. She only ate minerall.and now natural chalk I found on ebay..from some mountains in Russia.
Chalk?? The kind you write on a blackboard with? Not cuttle bone, maybe?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Don't apologize. You give great advice always. I follow you just so I don't miss out on your advice. Good information
Ok, so how do I fix my babies swollen eyelids? I bought him vitamins yesterday and got his cuttle bone locally because the one I ordered online was taking way too long!!

Happytort27

CA
I think I read here that Coco is a desert tortoise so this willl help.
Here is actually the updated care sheet for all temperate species, including DT’s. I think I posted this in the other thread that was linked by Srmcclure:

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Here is actually the updated care sheet for all temperate species, including DT’s. I think I posted this in the other thread that was linked by Srmcclure:

Yes I been reading through it!
I
Think he’s just lacking something now because his eyelids are white!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I’m happy to announce, coco is being very active today! He’s walking around his enclosure! ??
He seems to like his dandelion greens more than anything!
Someone said you can feed them super green Romain lettuce for water intake!!
I heard it on a YouTube video!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I’m happy to announce, coco is being very active today! He’s walking around his enclosure! ??
He seems to like his dandelion greens more than anything!
Someone said you can feed them super green Romain lettuce for water intake!!
I heard it on a YouTube video!!!
STOP believing anything, I mean ANYTHING you read about tortoises anywhere but here. Got it? You give him WATER for WATER intake. Read that care sheet put out by TFO, memorize the damn thing because you are now the care taker for an living being who is an endangered species. I'd about sell my soul for one. It is no joke. You have a very large very serious responsibility now. So stop listening to "someone", read the care sheet get the lights heat etc, study his food requirements.

You said this "Think he’s just lacking something now because his eyelids are white!". If he's lacking something it's because you are not giving it to him. Or his lights suck. No curly bulbs, or maybe he's just tired. Quit thinking something is always wrong with him; if your care is correct there will NOT be anything wrong with him.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
STOP believing anything, I mean ANYTHING you read about tortoises anywhere but here. Got it? You give him WATER for WATER intake. Read that care sheet put out by TFO, memorize the damn thing because you are now the care taker for an living being who is an endangered species. I'd about sell my soul for one. It is no joke. You have a very large very serious responsibility now. So stop listening to "someone", read the care sheet get the lights heat etc, study his food requirements.

You said this "Think he’s just lacking something now because his eyelids are white!". If he's lacking something it's because you are not giving it to him. Or his lights suck. No curly bulbs, or maybe he's just tired. Quit thinking something is always wrong with him; if your care is correct there will NOT be anything wrong with him.
I’m just being cautious!! I am only giving him what was advised for him! I have his vitamins which I have been giving since I got them yesterday! He’s been sleeping since I first got him! Today he’s seems to be more active and expiring hIs enclosure and substrate! Still have caught him with wanting to eat or curious of his substrate!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I’m just being cautious!! I am only giving him what was advised for him! I have his vitamins which I have been giving since I got them yesterday! He’s been sleeping since I first got him! Today he’s seems to be more active and expiring hIs enclosure and substrate! Still have caught him with wanting to eat or curious of his substrate!
I know you are just trying to do good. But if you are stressed, that will stress him as well.
You got vitamins yesterday. So You gave them once, right? Not "been giving", just 1. You mean you have NOT caught him doing tortoise stuff. It's because he's gone thru a crappy few days, and now you are fussing over him. Chill, he's a freakin baby, and babies of any species sleep a lot. Give him a couple of weeks to mellow out and get used to his whole new life. damn

Crystallynda

Las Vegas

Let me also say this, I was given this guy by someone who had him in sand..and no lights or anything! I’m correcting his mistakes done! Before I could really do much of the research before hand..I already had him with me! So if I come out freaking out...bare with me because I am only wanting him to be well, and making sure what I do doesn’t make him worse!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Let me also say this, I was given this guy by someone who had him in sand..and no lights or anything! I’m correcting his mistakes done! Before I could really do much of the research before hand..I already had him with me! So if I come out freaking out...bare with me because I am only wanting him to be well, and making sure what I do doesn’t make him worse!
This is months of correcting what was supposed to be done since day one!!
But fine...I’ll leave you all a lone..for while!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You are too neurotic to treat him badly. (joke) I am mostly trying to calm you down, and still have you enjoy him. I have followed every freakin post you have made. I understand. I am a gramma used to being kind of stern with my grandkids, and I simply put you in that category. I'm sorry, I am not arguing with you, or trying to cause you more stress. Don't freak out, I'm just trying to help you...

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
You are too neurotic to treat him badly. (joke) I am mostly trying to calm you down, and still have you enjoy him. I have followed every freakin post you have made. I understand. I am a gramma used to being kind of stern with my grandkids, and I simply put you in that category. I'm sorry, I am not arguing with you, or trying to cause you more stress. Don't freak out, I'm just trying to help you...
I’m better today..honestly!
Yesterday I was nervous and stressed because i couldn’t what I looking for that I needed for him!
Looking for stuff he needs at low cost has been a challenge..

but anyways..I’ll just update on progress and continue getting his enclosure together..may take me a minute but at least he’s Active now..

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I’m better today..honestly!
Yesterday I was nervous and stressed because i couldn’t what I looking for that I needed for him!
Looking for stuff he needs at low cost has been a challenge..

but anyways..I’ll just update on progress and continue getting his enclosure together..may take me a minute but at least he’s Active now..
Fantastic, his basking area “aka flat rock” shoes perfect temperature and humidity!! ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Shelf liner, duct tape, a dark piece of cloth, newspaper, better yet, go to walmart and buy a black one

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Shelf liner, duct tape, a dark piece of cloth, newspaper, better yet, go to walmart and buy a black one
Haha ok thanks

I actually found duct tape ! This size is perfect for him right now! Once I get a bigger enclosure..he’ll be getting a much bigger hide! I’ll see if I can find a hide this size at Walmart in black tho just incase !