HELP! I need incubator advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Has anyone used a Hovabator incubator? I ordered a Miller still air, and it came yesterday, but it was damaged. No surprise since it was made out of styrofoam! The side got crushed during shipping. I have been eyeing the hovabator incubators on Carolina Pet Supply's website, and they offer them with window viewing and the standard view windows, thermal incubators or fan circulated air. I was thinking about getting a window view thermal incubator. Does anyone know anything about these? Would the fan circulated air incubator be better?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Carolyn, I have a Hova bator Incubator the one with the two windows on top. This is my first incubator but it is working out wonderfully. Danny suggested it and I notice a thread that Chris also uses them. I was told to get the one without air. And you know not to turn them. These to are made of styrofoam.
Here is the thread that shows pics of the Hovabator from Chris. (these are often carried in the Feed and Grain supply stores.)
Tortoise Forum .org / Species Specific / Hermann's Tortoises / Questions regarding eggs

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Check out eggcartons.com. I've delt with them for about 10 years and they have great selection of incubators and are a pleasure to do business with.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Thanks guys :). I wasn't aware that they are all styrofoam. I don't have a problem with that except the risk of getting a damaged incubator! Yes, I know not to turn the eggs because of the risk of crushing the embryo inside, but thanks for mentioning that because there are some that probably don't know;).

Status
Not open for further replies.