Help Buddy's eye is weird!!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Okay i will go home and poke holes in it!

Sounds like a plan, the good news is an adult doesn't need as much humidity as a hatchling or juvenile so some holes won't hurt anything. Just remember to give plenty of soaks until that skin doesn't look so dry.

Buddytheboxie

Sounds like a plan, the good news is an adult doesn't need as much humidity as a hatchling or juvenile so some holes won't hurt anything. Just remember to give plenty of soaks until that skin doesn't look so dry.
Yeah i just poked a ton of holes and he gave me a dirty look lol
But i will be soaking him more.
Thank you so much for the help!

Buddytheboxie

How is he? I got so wrapped up in this thread! ;)
Buddy is doing great he is still a little ****. I got him to the point where he will eat what ever I put in front of him greens wise. I am now reintroducing protein back into his diet. I give him soaks and he loves them. I updated his water dish too! The only problem I still have is the dirt gets dry way to fast but I am in the works of fixing it. But yeah he is doing great :)

Oogway the russian tort

Buddy is doing great he is still a little ****. I got him to the point where he will eat what ever I put in front of him greens wise. I am now reintroducing protein back into his diet. I give him soaks and he loves them. I updated his water dish too! The only problem I still have is the dirt gets dry way to fast but I am in the works of fixing it. But yeah he is doing great :)
I gave them a solution that might help them @cmac3

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Just remember the thermometer that is on the side of that tank is not reliable. It may say it's 90 when it's really a hundred and ten. A digital one that Shows temperature and humidity with a 3 foot Wire Probe is best. It is $12 on amazon.

Buddytheboxie

I have foil covering half of the enclosure. I hade foil over all of it but the temperatures skyrocketed so I took off half. I am in the process of getting a temp gun (have to pay bills first) then I will get the truly correct temperatures. But over all he is eating and is drinking water and is pooping. I am saving some money and I will be taking him to a vet for a check up, but that will be coming in the up coming month or two. :)

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
The only problem with getting a temp gun if you'll have to take the foil off to take your measurements. the digital thermometer hygrometer are very convenient because you just lower the probe into the enclosure and mount the display somewhere else outside the enclosure. so you can keep an eye on it all the time. I had two of them in my tank they only cost $12 on Amazon

Buddytheboxie

The only problem with getting a temp gun if you'll have to take the foil off to take your measurements. the digital thermometer hygrometer are very convenient because you just lower the probe into the enclosure and mount the display somewhere else outside the enclosure. so you can keep an eye on it all the time. I had two of them in my tank they only cost $12 on Amazon
My tank opens through the front so I don't have to worry about going through the foil. But that is the one I am going to use, but it is hard to buy something when one has only like $2 to their name :/ I have to wait till my next payday.
Thank you though

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
You still lose heat when you open the doors(cool air whooshes in) so the average ambient temp in an area of your tank is compromised and will not be correctly captured by a temp gun. I had a temp gun once till I dropped it on the floor (the more you handle something the more chance you're going to drop it)it cost $35 or so. you can get two of the Digital ones with probes for that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-28-19-15-26.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-28-19-15-26.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: