Help! ASAP Russian needs a home now

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Someone found this wondering around for a few days. It was outside her house and way too cold. I can't keep it, I didn't want it to die. Please help

MVIMG_20200331_155725.jpgMVIMG_20200331_155707.jpgMVIMG_20200331_155658.jpg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I have know idea how to ship it.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Thanks I called them am waiting for a call back. I am in over my head! I just didn't want it to die. OMG what did I take on..

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Breathe, Ink. You've done something really lovely.

Keeping him in a plastic storage bin in a warm room will be fine until things come together. Russians can climb, so use a deep-sided bin. Bit of towel or newspaper on the bottom is fine. If you can't heat him, don't worry about food; his weight looks OK (which makes me wonder if he's gone missing from home just recently).

I'm in southern NJ, but not supposed to travel. Jamie is a great option!

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Is he in Chesterfield with you? I might be able to take him...got to check with my husband.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Hubby's ok with us taking him if you want someone more local. You can PM if you want.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is going to Jamie, first one to reply. It is 50 and raining, outside that is why I told the lady to bring her to me because it had no shelter and outside. She posted ,(that is how I found her)and asked neighbors about the tortoise, to my knowledge. It has been between her neighbors and her her house for days, and wouldn't go away.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is going to Jamie, first one to reply. It is 50 and raining, outside that is why I told the lady to bring her to me because it had no shelter and outside. She posted ,(that is how I found her)and asked neighbors about the tortoise, to my knowledge. It has been between her neighbors and her her house for days, and wouldn't go away.
So glad you were able to take it in and that you can get it to Jamie. If anything doesn't work out, just let me know.

Reactions: Ink

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Someone found this wondering around for a few days. It was outside her house and way too cold. I can't keep it, I didn't want it to die. Please help

View attachment 289353View attachment 289354View attachment 289355
He/she looks pretty healthy for living outside the time being.
I wonder if the tort got lose from it’s outdoor enclosure or having the chance to exercise outdoors and play in the grass.
the bottom of his shell looks a bit concerning, but that might be normal for his/her age or no concern at all.

what area are you from that you found this beautiful creature just roaming around outside?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am using maro2bear shipping info. They were really nice. I appreciate everyone's help! I am trying to add more pictures but I can't seem to figure it out

HoosierTort

Indianapolis
Man! I knew I should have logged on earlier! Been working on new enclosures or I might have been lucky enough to reply first?. Glad you found a good home for her.

Reactions: Ink