Help! Are these ridges on a baby Sulcata Normal?

ZenHerper

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Also would a full spectrum light worm? Or does it have to be specifically UVB
UVB is the radiation wavelength that is needed to manufacture/manage vitamin D in the skin. That is what is specifically required by indoor reptiles for adequate calcium metabolism. General full-spectrum bulbs do not produce the proper concentration of UVB.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So, I’m getting a new uvb set up. A reptisun T8 bulb. Keeping the heat lamp. And I’m building a greenhouse-like cover for the entire table. Building a frame and putting the clear plastic to keep it enclosed. That will fix my problems yeah?
Don't waste your money on a T8 bulb. They produce almost no UV. You'd have to mount the tube 8 inches form the tortoise to get even a little UV benefit. Get a T5 HO tube in a reflector hood.

Donnythesulcata

Ab
Don't waste your money on a T8 bulb. They produce almost no UV. You'd have to mount the tube 8 inches form the tortoise to get even a little UV benefit. Get a T5 HO tube in a reflector hood.
Would you mind showing me what kind of bulb you mean? Because the only T5 bulbs I can find are full spectrum glow lights

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Would you mind showing me what kind of bulb you mean? Because the only T5 bulbs I can find are full spectrum glow lights
Sure.

Here is the bulb by itself:

And here is the bulb with a fixture:

Donnythesulcata

Ab
Sure.

Thank you very much! You have been very helpful

Donnythesulcata

Ab
Sure.

Hey. Do you have any other suggestions? As I’m having a hard time finding anywhere that ships this within or to Canada