Help. Am i stressing out my tortoise?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I have bought some prickly pear pad and am endeavouring to grow them and also a weed garden which isn't as easy as it sounds
I am timidly optimistic that my dandelion transplant will grow! My neighbors are big LAWN guys and would terrorize me if they knew I was encouraging weeds to grow!

Quadro

SC
I have bought some prickly pear pad and am endeavouring to grow them and also a weed garden which isn't as easy as it sounds
If you have a chance check out tortoise supply they have some cool tortoise stuff on their site I’m going to get the seed mix they have for growing for my tortoises ?and I’m also going to plant my prickly pear pads it wasn’t hard for my first one but I had a cold snap one night didn’t bring it in and frost got it . Glad to have you on TFO !

Sa Ga

MN
Keep in mind that in the wild a tortoise will not eat every day, might go days without eating, and might only have seasonal access to liquid water. I agree with those who said to put ligghts and heat sources on timers and moisten subsrate... they can easily go several days without constant care.
Yes, but when conditions get dire, esp no water, they brumate/aestivate to survive thru it.