Hello

Reserchbeforecommitment

10 Year Member!
Hello. This is my first post although I have been reading and learning from this fantastic forum for about 2 years. Thank you all for the advice you have shared through your considerable experience. My wonderful, active healthy, smooth 2 year old sulcata is the best thank you I can say. ;-) Because of this site He/she eats an enormously varied natural diet and will try anything new, spends hours each day outdoors sunning and grazing like crazy and sleeps every night in a closed chamber humid night box, and loves their daily soaks. This has been one of the most surprising and enjoyable experiences ever. Thank you for your continued efforts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kelly, and welcome to the Forum! However, you actually DID write an introductory thread way back in August of '12.

Well, we can write until we're blue in the face, but unless someone actually practices what they read about, it does no good. I'm happy to give YOU the credit. You've done a great job with your little sulcata.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Last edited:

Reptilelove

Plymouth
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post loafs of pics as we like those! There is always such great advice here, its amazing! And your user name is perfect by the way :p

Reserchbeforecommitment

10 Year Member!
Your right! I had a Russian tortoise whom I knew very little about before they came to me. Sadly, despite my novice efforts at providing for I came home from work one day to find she had died. I took her to a local exotic vet for an opinion on what might have happened I felt absolutely terrible. The vets believed my tortoise to have originally been wild caught due to wear on her shell she also believed although she stated it was just an opinion that she was a lot older than I had been told. She did not perform any tests, at the time I was just sad it had happened. She had been active, eating and drinking right up to that last day.
Some months and a lot of thought learning and prep later I saw an ad for a sulcata hatchling and the rest is history. I almost didn't even try again but I am so so happy I did. The little enclosure is outside my kitchen, however we have acres of room for her as she grows. If it hadn't have been for the obvious pleasure you all get from your torts I would never have tried again.

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
I too have a thriving Tort because of this forum. The proof for me is not only looking at my wonderful, large, heavy, pretty smooth shelled Tort but comparing him to the other 2 in the clutch. Night and day comparison.
Welcome and congrats on a great looking healthy Tort! :D

Reserchbeforecommitment

10 Year Member!
I too have a thriving Tort because of this forum. The proof for me is not only looking at my wonderful, large, heavy, pretty smooth shelled Tort but comparing him to the other 2 in the clutch. Night and day comparison.
Welcome and congrats on a great looking healthy Tort! :D
Wow your tortoise is beautiful.

Reserchbeforecommitment

10 Year Member!
Thank you all, here's some pics from this morning. We have lots of natural untreated pasture land where every day I wander with a tub and scissors and collect tons of weeds and grasses. I so enjoy my torts company ;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 12