Hello ")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobers

5 Year Member
My name is Teri, I live in somerset and iam looking to research into a Hermann Tortoise before we purchase so we can care for him/her in the best possibke way. We have already researched and researched but what better place to ask questions here in a forum ")

We are hoping to purchase our lil friend on sept 20th my sons 5th birthday.
Only thing is we are not 100% where to get a little hatchling from.

We have ourselves a tortoise table on its way set up with lamp, hidey hole etc.

Anything advice wise from you guys pros and cons are welcomed ")

Look forward to hearing lots of advice abd experiences xx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Teri, and welcome to the Forum!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Teri welcome to the TFO witch type of herrman are you thinking about ? My female is two and half times the size of my Greek tort

Kobers

5 Year Member
Hey. So sorry I havent replied. Only juat figured out how to use my app on my phone haha.
I gave in. Picked up a Hermann today unsure what type of hermann tho "/.

I have added a pic. Not a great one he/she currently called Mario is a tad shy xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1378331118460.jpg
    1378331118460.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 1378331181523.jpg
    1378331181523.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 30

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Mario welcome to the TFO . Make shur your pet gives you 15-20 min bath. Oh yes don't forget to tell your owner that your a little shi because in the wild the first one to move gets eaten and Mario take care of your new pet :)

Kobers

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Hello ")

Sheldon the russian tortoise said:
Where did you get your tort table? Congrats on the tort

Hey thanks we got it from Ebay a chap on there. Its beautifull has a roof an chimnley too although Already had problems with the light fixture melting with the heat.. of course panic mode set in for me being a new tort owner. Bringing home Mario and within an hour had to sort out emergancy lighting/heat for him. Oh I thought I was set up ready wasnt expecting that hiccup xx

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Hello Mario welcome to the TFO . Make shur your pet gives you 15-20 min bath. Oh yes don't forget to tell your owner that your a little shi because in the wild the first one to move gets eaten and Mario take care of your new pet :)

Thanks we bathed Mario this morning a nice warm 20 minute soak. Still off his food "( is this because of his new environment? I noticed the store had pelletts for him to eat, I read they was not great to feed to a tort so I put fresh out. Am I doing the right thing? I dint want him to starve x

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
If you get worried buy baby ( jar) like carrots and mix it in his bath water. And it will take it down when it drinks its bath water

Sorry baby food

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. You picked a great tort to start parenting. Check the forum for threads that gives you a variety of foods to give a Hermann tort. Congrats on your nee baby. Let him explore his new environment and just put out fresh foods and fruits daily even if he doesn't eat it for now. He'll come around if he's not picked up and fussed over for now.

Kobers

5 Year Member
Thanks guys, hes roaming around today like hes happy in his home ") munched on a little blueberry and went off to sleep happy days.
Took him for hia vet registration. Weighed 40kg and has healthy shell and skin. Is 40kg ok?
The baby food tip is a great idea. When you bath your torts how high do you fill with water? So scared to put to mucg in vx

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
When I fix a bath I use 2 containers. One with a lot less water then I need then I put in the tort then I scoop up
A some water with with a sml plastic
Container and I keep adding water over its shell until the tort has to stretch his
Neck to keep his head above the water
And when I'm done I dry him off with a towel

Kobers

5 Year Member
Thats a great idea thankyou ")

Status
Not open for further replies.