Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumdemon137

5 Year Member
Hello,
I just joined the forum and am happy to be here. Just three days ago I bought my first tortoise which is a baby sulcata tortoise. The breeder said that its only three weeks old so im really excited. According to the breeder, its a male because of some of the features which I really hope it is, so we decided to name him Al Capone. :D We've been having a blast with him and he is currently on a missouri diet. We live in Los Angeles California which i suppose is generally good climate for a sulcata tortoise. I joined the forum because i know that there are knowledgeable people out there who can help me take care of my tortoise and give tips. He loves to bathe and explore the backyard but we keep a pretty close eye on it. Im just curious to know more on what i can do to make his life as most enjoyable as possible.Ill put some pictures of him below.
Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• DSC00054.JPG
    DSC00054.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC00064.JPG
    DSC00064.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 47
  • DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 41

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...congrats on your new addition...unfortunately there is no way to tell the gender of a hatchling unless they were temp sexed...Could you show us a pic of your enclosure? Also, what else besides mazuri are you feeding?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Please read Toms threads below on the proper way for raising a healthy, smooth sulcata.

Status
Not open for further replies.