Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandokurtz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Cali
Hey love this forum, I have learned a lot from here over the years, and just recently signed up...I know I had had an account years ago but lost my information. Oh well. Anyways, I own two torts. A 5 year old Marginated tortoise, Caplin, and my new baby Columbian redfoot who I got from Vicki Hale at Tortoise Yard. She's a cute little baby with 3 extra scutes :)
Anyways, the reason I am posting is for my Caplin, who went missing the day after thanksgiving, when he should have been hibernating. He showed back up March 14, yay! I wasn't expecting to ever see him again since, it was winter and I was afraid he had gone and hibernates somewhere where he's get poured upon and drown, and also, the day before he disappeared my chickens were killed by most likely a raccoon. So I thought for sure a coon dragged him off, cause why would he escape when he should be hibernating?? Well apparently he was not dragged off and did just fine during the rainy season.
I'll post my question in the tortoise health part of the forum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mandokurtz, and welcome back to the Forum!

Can you remember what your username used to be?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome back. Glad Caplin made it. Sorry about your chickens. Seems to be a never ending battle with wild life. Where are you? I'm interested to know where a marginated survived over winter outside.

Mandokurtz

5 Year Member
Northern Cali
I live in Northern California. I am not terribly sure where he took shelter to nap, but I thought for sure he'd have a respiratory infection or something. I guess he is just lucky :)

Mandokurtz

5 Year Member
Northern Cali
Oh, as for my old username, I would have thought maybe crazyopossum, was an old email I had for the longest time, but I am not sure if that is what it was...

Status
Not open for further replies.