Hello

ryvanzandt

Location (City and/or State)
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Hello Turtle Lovers

Life long turtle lover from Ohio. I had turtles when I was a kids and many aquariums with my father. Now i'm 47 and have two young kids of my own. We have been doing research and talking about it for the last month, and finally have Mom talked into it. We have our turtle table plans all drawn up and the build is scheduled for this weekend.

Been lurking around here for a while gathering information. I'll post some pick of the build once we get going. I'll be looking for info from everyone on potential purchase places as there is not a lot of options around us. Definitely want to go with captive born turtle.

Hope everyone has a great day, talk to you soon.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Hello Turtle Lovers

Life long turtle lover from Ohio. I had turtles when I was a kids and many aquariums with my father. Now i'm 47 and have two young kids of my own. We have been doing research and talking about it for the last month, and finally have Mom talked into it. We have our turtle table plans all drawn up and the build is scheduled for this weekend.

Been lurking around here for a while gathering information. I'll post some pick of the build once we get going. I'll be looking for info from everyone on potential purchase places as there is not a lot of options around us. Definitely want to go with captive born turtle.

Hope everyone has a great day, talk to you soon.
Hello there, welcome to the forum [emoji846] what kind or turtle/ tortoise are you guys thinking about getting? I have 2 kids as well and they love turtles and everything wild [emoji846]

ryvanzandt

Canal Winchester, Ohio
Hello there, welcome to the forum [emoji846] what kind or turtle/ tortoise are you guys thinking about getting? I have 2 kids as well and they love turtles and everything wild [emoji846]

Looking at a Russian to keep it fairly straight forward and teach the kids. I really want to get some diamondback terrapins down the road though. Maybe next spring. Get this build done and everything settled in first, before I jump into that.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Looking at a Russian to keep it fairly straight forward and teach the kids. I really want to get some diamondback terrapins down the road though. Maybe next spring. Get this build done and everything settled in first, before I jump into that.
Oh cool I've read Russians are Hardy. And diamondback terrapins are very beautiful [emoji846] good luck. Keep us posted with pics if you can as you go [emoji846]

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Welcome to the forum! Russians are great! I have a 5 year old male and he is really socail and easy to get along with. Have fun with your build! If you are building for a russian, make sure to make your table deep enough for him to have some digging space. They love to burrow into their substrate.

JLMDVM

Ohio
Welcome! You guys are really close to me. I’m not much help though, as I’m still getting things together for my first hatchlings- hopefully will be shipping soon.