hello *waves*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lau200

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i'm laura and i have no tortoises yet, though i'd love some! i've joined to do as much research and ask as many questions as possible! i don't like to take an animal on unless i know atleast the basics. i have several animals at the minute, most are rescues.

i have 6 hamsters, 6 gerbils, 4 (soon to be 6) mice, 2 chinchillas, 2 millipedes, 9 snails, peruvian stick insects and 10 indian stick insects :)

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ewwww millipedes give me the creepys

Welcome :)

lau200

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coldliz said:
ewwww millipedes give me the creepys

to tell you the truth i got them to get over my fear of creepy crawlies and i have to admit i really like them! obviously my phobia was based on fear of the unknown hehe :p

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I would like to see some pics of some of your critters. What type of tort are you thinking about?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*waves back* Hi and welcome! Trying to get over a fear is why I keep at least one snake around. Always had loved looking at them, but handling them? Yuck! Now at least I can handle my own snakes. Not sure I could do insects, but did enjoy my spider.;)

lau200

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jlyoncc1 said:
I would like to see some pics of some of your critters. What type of tort are you thinking about?

i have seen some hermanns in a local shop and i think they are cute but i hate the idea of buying from a pet shop so i'm hoping to find some rescues instead. any ideas where to look?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I always check craigslist or kijiji to see what I can find.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Laura, try your local tort & turt chapter Club if you have one. Where are you located?

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome! You are at the right place for tort information:D

L

lynncharlene

This is a great forum, I think you came to the right place for information. Your stick insects sound interesting. I think I will look them up on the web.
lynn

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
looks like you've already got quite the menagerie... a tortoise would make a fine addition!
i'll echo this because its already been said, contact your local turtle/tortoise club and let them know you are interested in adopting

Status
Not open for further replies.