Hello tortoise lovers from the UK

Sandywindsor

Location (City and/or State)
Rugby, Warwickshire
i have 2 Russians which I have had for 3 years who were brought up together I believe. The previous owner kept them in an awful 4’ by 3’ container. Mine are brought indoors when hibernating November to March and put outside the rest of the time. They started to mate for the first time last year when I separated a persistent Incey from Wincey, strangely his behaviour has been more restrained this year although the usual head bobbing. There are plenty of places for Wincey to remove herself but I always keep a watchful eye.

5644E121-C54A-4E9A-9B1F-798ADE1F12E0.jpeg85D3F2D0-A6DF-41BA-8864-5EE56C5FDECF.jpegB647005E-257F-489A-838F-A0AA0F4C3AD2.jpeg

Suey

England
Hi I’m from UK too. I have two Russians as well, Male and female but I had to separate them last year. I don’t really want to breed so will keep them apart. I’ve had Charlie from a baby , he’s 5 and Alice is a rescue I’ve had for 2years and she is 6years old.

Sandywindsor

Rugby, Warwickshire
Unsure about the ages of mine when I got them told male was 8 and female 11 he hadn’t even given them names. Incey Wincey spider is my granddaughters favourite nursery rhyme hence the names. They appear very happy and reside in turned over large plant pots at nighttime

Suey

England
I had a small shed made last year as they were in tortoise tables indoors. They now have a choice when I lift the flap door ways of staying in or coming out. Charlie has always been the one waiting to come out first ,scratching at the door but it was Alice this morning. I named them Charlie and Alice because they were my Grandma and Grandads names ?.

Reactions: Ink

Fish Breath

NY
NYC and I have an 8 year old male russian named tortilla (I know, in Spanish that’s feminine, but still!)