Hello, torto lover from Solo (I love radiata, aldabra, unique scutes torto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunrise

5 Year Member
Hello everyone..

I am new to this forum, quite new (about 9 months) in the tortoise world and would like to introduce myself.

Currently I am parenting some radiata, aldabra, indian star, sulcata and some turtles (common snapping, pignose, picta belly). Its going to be my long term project...to breed those tortoise, and to see my grandchildren riding on aldabra.

I am still looking for more tortoise, so if you have any please let me know.
Currently looking for:
- Hi-black radiata
- hi-yellow radiata
- aldabra
- extra/ less scute tortoise
- galapagos

Here are some of my collection:

Baby aldabra
29102008500.jpg

My favourite 17 Scutes Radiata

DSC01083.JPG

12, 15, 16 Scutes
16092008294.jpg

"S" Radiata
Radizigzag2.jpg

Routine check up

DSC01423.JPG

Sulcatas
DSC01399.JPG

And I am looking for the abberant sulcata (10 scutes) that was originated from Florida, anyone know where she is now?
AbberantSULCATTA.jpg

Thank you, and nice to know you all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sunrise: Welcome to the forum. You have quite a collection of tortoises and they are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

Yvonne

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
Welcome Sunrise... What pretty torts you own. Ive never seen one like that "S" Radiata. It is amazing. The only time i saw that sulcata was on the turtlesource website but they have sold it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wow, you have been busy in the last nine months! A beautiful group of torts you have. :) I too have a thing for the extra scutes on a tort. Makes them very specdial and unique I think. Welcome! :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
You are new to torts too? I would slow down a bit and not get in over your head with so many torts and so many species. Pic a few, do them well, and then add when you are settled.
And I personally dont think we need to breed any more sulcatas. There are plenty being bred and lots is rescue. The other side of that.. if all the babies survived we would be in real trouble.. but that also means is MANY die. Probably due to improper care. Just too sad and dont need to add to the problem. but thats my opinion....
Welcome.. you will get all the help you need here.. and impress many!!

Sunrise

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I like it here already, learning new things, and enjoying so many great pictures of awesome tortoise all over the world.

(Yvonne, Josh <yes, the last time it was in Florida...still cannot find him where he is now.. :( >, Isa, Danny, Evan, Robyn, Dawna, DuttonWeb, Jen, Jacqui <yes indeed very busy, spend like 2-5 hours everyday playing with them. Do you collect extra scutes torto as well? indeed they are unique and special.>, Laura <Yes I am pretty new, only about 9months...spends the whole day playing with them, searching internet about them and whats best for them. I am trying to concentrate only Radiata, aldabra for now..hopefully soon Yniphora, and burmese. I still cant part with Ruby (33cm sulcata), and have 2 istar for my gf but she does not really like them so its up for sale. I am trying to slowing down now...and thanks dor the welcome, learn tons of new informations and thins from here...and hope impress/ share many.>

Status
Not open for further replies.