Hello - new sulcata mom here with a quick question

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Her eyes are open and clear (when she's awake) and she is active to an extent; she moves all over her enclosure and shows curiosity and everything; she moves around a lot when I take her outside as well. But she does sleep about half the day in addition to through the night. She eats, but not as much as I thought she would - I haven't been able to find a solid rule of thumb in my research for how much she should be eating. I know it depends on what she's eating, but is there a general, average amount that I should expect her to eat every day? She loves hibiscus leaves but doesn't eat much of the different grasses I've tried to feed her. I'm just not sure if she's actually eating as much as she should be for her size, or if I should be worried about her appetite.

Thanks!
That's very good. It sounds like she isn't in immediate danger.

BrowncoatForever

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
When you want your baby to eat more, you can offer him romaine lettuce, lamb`s lettuce and chicoree too.
The idea is to get the baby eating more. If he eats more he will grow and when he grows he can eat more and new things that he doesen`t like yet.
Grocery greens like these three that I mentioned are not so bad as often told.
If your baby gets bigger you can add more and more various things to his food, but now every eaten leaf of lettuce is a sign for life.
That`s my opinion.

I definitely agree. I'm trying different things every day to see what she'll eat and reached out to the breeder to see what he was feeding her exactly. So far she's only showing interest in the hibiscus leaves, but I'll keep trying different things.