Hello - New & in need of help

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Good morning Gary I see you made it through the night and you've made the improvements . Your tort nd you seam happier today . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

G_Vincey

Location (City and/or State)
London
Thanks Grandpa Turt

Although, I have another question, in regards to this coco fibre, am a supposed to wet it first? Then pack it down? Or just rip it apart and try and pack it down..

I've bought two and one is wet and one is dry.. The wet one feels too damp to put in his cage, no?

While the dry one feels way to dry?

I've taken the old substrate out but need to put something in there ASAP..

Thanks

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Gary
You want to wet the dry one ring it out til it's damp then put it in the enclosure and pat it down(don't beat it down ) just pat it down .

G_Vincey

London
Ok thank you so much.. I'm gonna go and ring it out now.. And place it into the enclosure

G_Vincey

London
And I picked some fresh dandelions on my way home and he is happily munching on them... Compared to the store bought leafs and greens...

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well Gary I think we've done our best . But I think it's time you start reading the care sheets now and see how much more you will learn and want to try . You've done a great job with your Russian tort .

G_Vincey

London
Yes, thank you grandpa Turt and everyone for your help, it has been so much appreciated and he seems to be enjoying the coco coir a lot more than the previous substrate.. I just hope I rinsed it enough...

Thanks again guys..

G_Vincey

London
Thank you Aldabraman, glad to have found such a helpful group of people..