Hello! New and considering Eastern Hermann's

DodoCode

Location (City and/or State)
Sequim
Hello! I'm in the PNW and considering adding a Hermann's to my menagerie. We have a small hobby farm with goats, chickens, horses, donkeys and somehow, no tortoise. We live in a milder climate (in the rainshadow) where we get about 16" of rain a year. Tort will live indoors with us, but s/he'll have a substantial outdoor vacation home when the weather is nice.

Anywho. If you have experience with a particular vender/individual of Eastern Hermann's that you truly love, I'm all ears. They will be an only tort and I plan on spoiling them accordingly.

We are sorta tempted to try the hatch-an-egg thing but I have experience hatching quail/goose/duck/chicken eggs and I have seen what horrors can happen occasionally.. and for some reason I have the fear that something will go horribly wrong if we went that route.. I know torts =/= chickens but... Not sure if I want to go through the potential risk when the rest of the world is so chaotic. But if you want to try to convince me it's an excellent idea, please give it a shot!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I would suggest maybe a well started tortoise, especially since this is your first. I love my Eastern Hermann. They have great personalities!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome!

our member - Shellfreak - sells eggs that are ready to hatch. He's had some good successes with that endeavor. But if you'd rather try for one already hatched, our members hermannichris or gbtortoises both sell healthy animals.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
Welcome to the Tortoise Forum, you will find tons of good advice here.