Hello, my name is Yvonne and I’m new here!

Yvonne Z

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello to everyone, I’m glad I found this forum. I decided, that I wanted to own a tortoise again. It seems quite different in the US than it was in Germany. My hermanni hermanni in Germany came with CITES papers, quite some pages with attached pictures etc. Here I got told that tortoises aren’t sold with papers, that was surprising and strange. Now I’m looking for a reputable place to buy a tortoise, but it seems impossible to find a place where I can actually go to and check them out. And all the shipping ones seem to have enough bad reviews to make you wonder if that’s the right way to go. Is here a reputable breeder in this forum, that breeds Greek tortoises and actually can provide pictures of the individual? Maybe even someone in Los Angeles, CA? Thank you all for your help and stay safe!

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
@HermanniChris is a great breeder. I would highly recommend him. Here’s our care sheet for Hermanns, welcome to the forum!

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
@HermanniChris is a great breeder. I would highly recommend him. Here’s our care sheet for Hermanns, welcome to the forum!
@GBtortoises may have some available as well

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello to everyone, I’m glad I found this forum. I decided, that I wanted to own a tortoise again. It seems quite different in the US than it was in Germany. My hermanni hermanni in Germany came with CITES papers, quite some pages with attached pictures etc. Here I got told that tortoises aren’t sold with papers, that was surprising and strange. Now I’m looking for a reputable place to buy a tortoise, but it seems impossible to find a place where I can actually go to and check them out. And all the shipping ones seem to have enough bad reviews to make you wonder if that’s the right way to go. Is here a reputable breeder in this forum, that breeds Greek tortoises and actually can provide pictures of the individual? Maybe even someone in Los Angeles, CA? Thank you all for your help and stay safe!
You could try Stephen Egnatchik in Ventura, CA. His email is: [email protected]
Tell him Bill Zovickian referred you.

Yvonne Z

California
Thank you, I’ll try to contact HermanniChris.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi! Sorry. We already have an Yvonne. You'll have to re-name yourself...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Um be prepared for some curious responses linking your (on accident) for all kinds of threads! If I joined with a similar name to the big dogs I would chnage mine ? Years ago I hand a landline in RVA only issue was it was one digit off of the Loacl FBI Office. Wow they were some weird messages people left

Yvonne Z

California
Um be prepared for some curious responses linking your (on accident) for all kinds of threads! If I joined with a similar name to the big dogs I would chnage mine ? Years ago I hand a landline in RVA only issue was it was one digit off of the Loacl FBI Office. Wow they were some weird messages people left
Haha oh my, let’s see. You must have gotten some exciting calls. ?

Yvonne Z

California
Just a quick correction, @zovick his name is bill, and the person he referred you to is Stephan. Nothing to worry about, just trying to make sure you contact the right person ?
Sorry, LOL. That’s what you get when you try to answer with several kids around that won’t leave you alone. ? I better read when they are asleep.