Hello! I love animal and this is 1st time i got Sulcata baby!

handyw

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Hello from Indonesia!(no i do not own emys) ;)
Nice to meet you guys!

And thanks for tom and others that helping me on my 1st post at Tortoise Health for helping me setup my enclosure.

This is my Baby 6cm Sulcata.
Using Aquarium (60x30cm) temporary
CHE + Thermostat
SolarLamp UVB+UVA
Hygrometer from xiaomi

The thing is i really love them!
I love tortoise since im on college(7years ago)
And now i can afford them and their life support.;)
At the time Indian Star is cheaper than sulcata.
Now im planing to get Russian / Golden Greek.and planning to Breed them.but i already read the Thread that testudo family is maniac.and theres no way to sexing them from little size(im planning to get them at 7-10cm size),so do u guys can help me planning the best path i can go through,and which one is better pet{greek or russian(i love how fat this guy are)}

Its not really a problem to have separate container when they little (since they dont really get that big)but im scared to raise 2 males and 1 female or so after 4 years.

20201231_205446_HDR.jpg20201231_205503_HDR.jpg20201231_205457_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your baby is pyramiding, which means it has been kept much too dry. Please give this a read through for the correct care and housing info. Questions are welcome.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nice to meet you guys!

And thanks for tom and others that helping me on my 1st post at Tortoise Health for helping me setup my enclosure.

CHE + Thermostat
SolarLamp UVB+UVA
Hygrometer from xiaomi

Now im planing to get Russian / Golden Greek.and planning to Breed them.but i already read the Thread that testudo family is maniac.and theres no way to sexing them from little size(im planning to get them at 7-10cm size),so do u guys can help me planning the best path i can go through,and which one is better pet{greek or russian(i love how fat this guy are)}

Its not really a problem to have separate container when they little (since they dont really get that big)but im scared to raise 2 males and 1 female or so after 4 years.
Welcome, like Tom said get your humidity up. Temporarily you can put tin foil over the top of the enclosure to hold the humidity in. Get your substrate real wet. Just spraying wont get it wet enough. Actually pour water in and get the substrate wet by mixing. Don't have water puddled up though.
Also if you find that your little buddy is walking back and forth trying to get through the glass. Put rows of tape on the outside at the bottom, high enough so your buddy cant see out.
Welcome to the sully world!

handyw

Indonesia
I just got him for 2 days,yea i only can keep humidity for 60 on day,and 70 on night,so the piramiding is from the seller.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Nice to meet you guys!

CHE + Thermostat
SolarLamp UVB+UVA
Hygrometer from xiaomi

View attachment 314271View attachment 314272View attachment 314273

Penutup terlalu kecil dan kelembapan terlalu rendah. Kura-kura terlihat tidak sehat. Anda perlu melakukan beberapa penyesuaian.

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Hello! Yes, you must be careful with having more males than females. If you wish, though, you will need a large space with each tort to get away from the others (or just separate them).