Hello i have recently got two lovely tunisian spur thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabellascarlette

5 Year Member
Hello
My name is Annabelle and I live in England in the south near Gatwick. I recently got two hatchling Tunisian spur thigh tortoises who are now 5 months old. My tortoise love started when I was a toddler and I got to sit on a giant tortoise(not sure what species) on prison island off tanzania. I am finding info in regards to they care quite hard to find and believe that they should be raised the same as other spur thigh but that they don't hibernate. Does any one have on tips on what I should be doing to care for them best, I will try and add some pictures very soon
Thanks
Annabelle

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Common names can get tricky between continents. Can you tell us the species name? Testudo gracea, or Geochelone Sulcata. Just wanna be sure.

annabellascarlette

5 Year Member
image-3974201340.png

This is the set up I have for them but they have a new hide as Tilly kept climbing on her log and falling off please let me know if u think I should change anything
Thanks

Attachments

• image-3587911168.png
    image-3587911168.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3801893330.png
    image-3801893330.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 87
  • image-862927426.png
    image-862927426.png
    240 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3605559748.png
    image-3605559748.png
    792 KB · Views: 56
  • image-880070929.png
    image-880070929.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 68

AngelaB

5 Year Member
RE: Hello i have recently got two lovely tunisian spur thighs

annabellascarlette said:
Hello
My name is Annabelle and I live in England in the south near Gatwick. I recently got two hatchling Tunisian spur thigh tortoises who are now 5 months old. My tortoise love started when I was a toddler and I got to sit on a giant tortoise(not sure what species) on prison island off tanzania. I am finding info in regards to they care quite hard to find and believe that they should be raised the same as other spur thigh but that they don't hibernate. Does any one have on tips on what I should be doing to care for them best, I will try and add some pictures very soon
Thanks
Annabelle
Annabelle
I have a Tunisian Spur Thighed but she is around 60. They are sensitive tortoises and should not be mixed with other species to avoid diseases. You are correct, do not hibernate as their species does not. Mine loves clover and dandelion from the garden in the summer months. As long as there is plenty of heat, light and regular baths, they should be fine.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area

Welcome to tfo!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ

Hi and welcome! :) very nice looking torts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.