Hello i’m new to the Tortoise Forum

Boxturtle 60

Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans , Louisiana
My user name is Boxturtle 60 but my actual name is Renee Boudreaux and I live in New Orleans Louisiana. I became interested in your forum because I recently lost my pet box turtle Peter oh my head for 34 years and apologies for not writing sooner but I am having a hard time with his loss. I understand that box turtles are now endangered and you cannot buy them anymore from the pet store but that if you find them at least in Louisiana if you find them you can have up to four I would really like to have another box turtle and I would welcome any symptoms any suggestions you have because They are unique creatures. I’m also interested in learning more about tortoises because I’ve seen some very beautiful examples and I’m wondering me what it would be like to have a tortoise as a petI’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and information any of which would be welcome thank you.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Welcome to the forum and sorry for your loss. This is a great place with lots of good people/info. There are lots of people that breed and sell captive bred box turtles. You shouldn't have a problem finding one. When you feel your ready again you could even post a wanted ad here on the forum.

Boxturtle 60

New Orleans , Louisiana
Welcome to the forum and sorry for your loss. This is a great place with lots of good people/info. There are lots of people that breed and sell captive bred box turtles. You shouldn't have a problem finding one. When you feel your ready again you could even post a wanted ad here on the forum.
My user name is Boxturtle 60 but my actual name is Renee Boudreaux and I live in New Orleans Louisiana. I became interested in your forum because I recently lost my pet box turtle Peter oh my head for 34 years and apologies for not writing sooner but I am having a hard time with his loss. I understand that box turtles are now endangered and you cannot buy them anymore from the pet store but that if you find them at least in Louisiana if you find them you can have up to four I would really like to have another box turtle and I would welcome any symptoms any suggestions you have because They are unique creatures. I’m also interested in learning more about tortoises because I’ve seen some very beautiful examples and I’m wondering me what it would be like to have a tortoise as a petI’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and information any of which would be welcome thank you.

Toddrickfl1
Thank you for your welcome and support Barry I had a feeling that all the people in the forum we’re good people And I feel like I will fit in here pretty well. It’s good to know that they have people who breed captive box turtles and I will certainly look into that once I am ready. Time was in New Orleans you could find Box turtles very easily and they were once said to be the perfect apartment pet here; however after Hurricane Katrina things changed as so many other things did end it became harder and harder to find them. I have Family and friends looking for me when they go out to the country but so far no luck. I was also like I said looking into possibly getting a tortoise because I’ve seen videos of them as pets in And a very impressed with the Golden Greek tortoises you’re such a pretty shade of yellow and from what I’ve seen there almost like a dog or a cat and that they’re very playful and seeing a video of one actually chasing them all which was great I’d love to have One do that. The main concern I would have is the length of life in call in my family I would be able to get to take care of it should something happen to me but I don’t think it did that would be a problem it’s something to think about for the future; Again if if you have any information or thoughts that you know are welcome any information on tortoises and turtles they’re such fascinating creatures and they’re fun to have in your life. Some people think that a reptile doesn’t have The ability to feel affection the way our furry friends do I think they can I think it’s just just a different way of relating – I know I’m right because there’s so many folks that really love turtles and tortoises… Once again thank you and I look forward to hearing from you sorry

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
I am sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a loved one and many people underestimate the toll the loss of a pet can take on a owner. You‘ll find that the people here are very friendly and will hlep you through anything. We are all a big happy family of turtle lovers!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Renee, and welcome to the Forum!!

It would be so much easier for us to read your posts if you would use punctuation.

I'm terribly sorry that you lost your box turtle. You had him a very long time. We have many members who raise box turtles. Maybe you can find another one here on the Forum.

Boxturtle 60

New Orleans , Louisiana
Apologies I have been dictating my texts rather than finger typing it because it’s hard for me to see fine print however I will attempt to type and add the punctuation’s thank you for all the information y’all have sent I really appreciate it