Hello from wintry Wisconsin.

tellablue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
My 9 month old Hermann's tortoise, Little A'Tuin and I are new to the forum, though I have been on the site previously looking for answers to a wide variety of questions. I did a lot of research before deciding on this particular species, or so I thought. I'm thrilled to have a new place to post pictures of my baby, as I am certain that my friends and family are tired of seeing them!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1393452878.705894.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1393452896.076685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi and welcome [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][TURTLE]

Pittrock

Welcome! Glad to have you. I have a 7mth old Dalmatian Hermann. This forum has been very helpful. I like your tort's darker facial features.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome! Thats one of the things that makes this forum great . We love pictures!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*waves* Howdy! :D What caused you to end up deciding a Hermanni was right for you?

tellablue

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks, everyone! I decided to go with the Hermann's mostly because it is a smaller species. I would love to have a giant tortoise, but, unfortunately, I live in a climate where my tortoise has to be kept indoors for a good chunk of the year and I wanted to make sure that my tortoise has plenty of space to roam. I am planning on building an outdoor enclosure this Spring, but I am afraid that it will be Summer before Little A'Tuin is able to stay outside for long periods (due to chilly night temps).

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Hello and welcome! My brother is in Wisconsin. Brrrrrr.

Hermann's are wonderful! Your little one is just perfect!

tellablue

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks, Kathy! I completely agree. In fact, I often call Little A'Tuin "perfect tortoise". I'm a bit biased, though. I think all turtles and tortoises are perfect. How jealous your brother must be right now, with you living in California! I know I am.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Hi and welcome ! I know exactly how u feel ! I also live in Wisconsin and I can't wait until is nice and warm outside so I can take my tortoises out ! :)

Hey and welcome x He or She is stunning x love it's shell x lol x so what made u choose that species x

From Chlöe Essex,England

tellablue

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
guille24 said:
Hi and welcome ! I know exactly how u feel ! I also live in Wisconsin and I can't wait until is nice and warm outside so I can take my tortoises out ! :)

Thank you! I was starting to feel bad for getting a tortoise while living in such a cold place. I have taken Little A'Tuin out of his/her habitat several times just to get some natural sunlight. Unfortunately, the sunlight still has to come through the window rather than us actually being outside due to the extreme cold as of late.

photo.JPG
Hey and welcome x He or She is stunning x love it's shell x lol x so what made u choose that species x

From Chlöe Essex,England

Thanks! I chose the Hermann's due to its relatively smaller size. The breeder told me that he/she might get up to 6". Of course, I have since learned that Little A'Tuin might grow as large as 11" if he/she is a female. If that is the case, I will have to build a larger enclosure. Right now Little A'Tuin is only about 3" long, so we're okay for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
tellablue said:
I'm thrilled to have a new place to post pictures of my baby, as I am certain that my friends and family are tired of seeing them!

Well, see? That's the good part about our forum! No matter how many pictures you put up, or how big a billfold with the accordion picture thingey you unroll in our presence, we'll never get tired of it!

Welcome to the Forum!

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
I do the same!! I take my tortoises near the windows so they can get some sunlight ! Not as beneficial like taking them outside but better than nothing , I've had my red foots for almost 4 years I guess (I'm not sure lol) time goes by so fast I remember when one of my red foots used to fit in the palm of my hand and now it's about 8 inches ! Just wait until ur little one is all grown ! :) they are amazing pets !!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

tellablue

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Well, see? That's the good part about our forum! No matter how many pictures you put up, or how big a billfold with the accordion picture thingey you unroll in our presence, we'll never get tired of it!

Welcome to the Forum!
[/quote]

Thank you. I have been posting pictures on instagram for awhile and one of my kids pointed out that nearly all were of my little tortoise. What can I say? Little A'Tuin is so photogenic!

Ida said:
Welcome....adorable little fella. [TURTLE]

Thanks!

bouaboua said:
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

Thank you!