Hello from the UK

Tilly&Lisa

Location (City and/or State)
Leicester Uk
Hi all , I'm Lisa and my new little friend is Miss Tilly , a spurred thighed ...I have had her 4 days and I admit I haven't a clue , her previous owner no longer wanted her and gave her to me for free , I have a large home for her and she gave me a table lamp and a heat lamp but the heat lamp wasn't attached to the house and wasn't used. ..
Miss TIlly doesn't look the healthiest to me , she has eaten and done the urates in the water when I bathed her but she just either lays under the table lamp or hidden away in a cold corner but today she hasn't appeared at all she's been hiding for 24 hours now ... Do I wake her or leave her , ? I have to read up on hibernation but obviously she hasn't been hibernated this year , is this ( not appearing for a day ) usual behaviour ?
I have so much to read and learn but what I am finding out very quickly is the conflicting information from what we would think are knowledgeable tortoise sites
Hibernate ... No need to hibernate

Eat kale freely .. Feed sparingly WHOS RIGHT ???

Sorry for the long introduction / help post , I just want her to be ok and doing what she should be

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. This forum is the only place you need to read to get all the proper help you will need.
Please post a picture of the enclosure and include the temps in the enclosure. Over all temp, basking temp, cooler end temp etc.
It is normal for a tortoise to hide away and not act normal when it has been moved from one place to another. However, let's make sure the enclosure and temps are correct and not a problem.