Hello from the Sunshine State!

Turtlepete

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Hey everyone,

Happy to be a part of the forum. I've lurked on this forum for a long time, so I figured it was time to finally make an account.

Im a 16 year old turtle/tortoise enthusiast, currently in my first semester of college. I guess I'll be sort of a "young-un" around here, but I'm ok with that, haha. I've kept animals pretty much all of my life that I can remember. I, like a lot of people, grew up with the RES in the little plastic turtle islands, or "death pools". Sadly I didn't know what I know now, but everyone starts somewhere I suppose.

Mainly I keep native turtles to the state. All but one of the 20-something turtles I have are victims of being "saved" from the wild, or dumped from someone that didn't want them anymore.. I also have a small colony of red foot tortoises, and some box turtles. Thats all of my "shelled buddies".

Hope to learn a lot here. :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations.
Another lurker bites the dust, impressive collection for one so young.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.

I wish I discovered the cuteness and likeness of the tortoise when I'm your age. Good to have you here.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome! I too am from the sunshine state. I live in the panhandle (Ft. Walton Beach area.) let me know where abouts are you.

HerpMS

5 Year Member
Orlando, FL.
Good morning and welcome! You'll have a great time learning things here! I'm currently in the process of moving back to Florida; Saturday is the big day to load everyone up and head down from Atlanta to Orlando.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

When you get a chance, I'd love to see pictures of your turtles and tortoises.