Hello from sunny north wales

TheTattooedTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
North Wales, UK
Hey Guys n Gals,
Newbie to the forum, long time lurker but I've finally made the jump and registered!

My Names Tom, I'm an ex tattoo artist based in Wales, UK...
After 6 months of research, countless YouTube videos and hours spent browsing this forum, I'm now the the very happy owner of a little Eastern Hermann tort named 'Sheldon'.

According to his certificate he is 10 months old, and i think he's an absolute cutie!

I've custom built him a 5ft×2ft, two tier tortoise table to live in while he's a little tort.
We've also got a lovely sunny area of the garden that we're building a 5m×1.3m outdoor run so as he grows we can get him some good secure outdoor living time over summer months.

After being kept in a small tank and fed on not the best diet at the reptile shop (lettuce leaves, cucumber, pellets) I've managed to tempt him off the junk and onto good wholesome nutritious weeds and flowers over the week that I've had him so far.

Only took him 24 hours to settle into his new enclosure and he's loving the extra space and all the stuff to play with and explore, he seems like he's in his element.
I've made sure based on forum research that my lighting is bang on, my temps - basking, warm end, cool end are all dialled in nicely.
I was so excited I had the table up and running ready to rock for 2 weeks before we even picked Sheldon up so I knew it was going to be spot on and safe/healthy for him from the start.

Anyway, I'll cut it there as I can feel myself rambling ? sorry, I'm so excited about my new little buddy!

I've included a couple of pics of the little dude and his table.

Big love from sunny Wales! (Not) ?

Attachments

• 20210413_150346.jpg
    20210413_150346.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210413_150323.jpg
    20210413_150323.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi from sunny South Wales and welcome.

You can be sure to get up to date care information here.
Sounds like Sheldon has landed on his feet with you.

TheTattooedTortoise

North Wales, UK
Thanks for the warm welcome folks, much appreciated!
Ahh "bore da iawn I chi" @Lyn W , thankyou very much, I'd like to think Sheldon will be happy and not only live, but thrive with us. Specially given the massive wealth of knowledge and experience available at my fingertips through the tortoiseforum.

Sheldon is currently enjoying his morning soak ?

Breadwaterr

California
Omg what a gem!
Wish I’d been as diligent in my research prior to purchasing my baby, I’d have built a kick *** enclosure like yours! I’ve still got a little time though since my leopard is a wee babe. Actually started this past weekend!
What a blessed little soul you’ve got there to be cared for so well.
Congratulations!

TheTattooedTortoise

North Wales, UK
Omg what a gem!
Wish I’d been as diligent in my research prior to purchasing my baby, I’d have built a kick *** enclosure like yours! I’ve still got a little time though since my leopard is a wee babe. Actually started this past weekend!
What a blessed little soul you’ve got there to be cared for so well.
Congratulations!
Thanks very much, it's surprising what you can do once you get going and make a start.
Very nice of you to comment though ?