Hello from South Carolina ?

KayL

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
Hello! I just moved to SC from Canada early this year. My husband and I live on an acreage with our horses and dogs.

I’ve always been interested in owning a Sulcata. It won’t be anytime soon, but with more time / research I am hoping to be the owner of a happy and healthy tortoise. I have some reptile experience; back home I owned several BCI’s and BCO’s and was a member of our local Reptile & Amphibian Society. I loved keeping boas, but my husband doesn’t like snakes! ?

Anyway, thank-you for having me on this forum. I look forward to learning and interacting with lots of interesting / knowledgeable people.

All the best!

-K

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Welcome! Cant go wrong w a sulcata! There awesome. Many great experienced ppl on here to learn from. Enjoy the forum

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Welcome! How do you like the difference in weather lol?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome from a sully owner. Sounds like you will have the room to make a sully happy.

pappy.72

Elgin, IL
Welcome K! Are you interested in a 7 year old 40lb Sulcata that is in great health? I have just begun my search for a good home for him as I rescued him a few years back and he is ready for a southern climate home now. Let me know if you are interested.
30E431BE-C37F-46FE-A3E2-A73FDC37C524.jpeg
F16406DA-BAC3-4B83-93D0-FF2ED0D627AC.jpeg

DebbieMilan

Wilmington, NC
Hello! I just moved to SC from Canada early this year. My husband and I live on an acreage with our horses and dogs.

I’ve always been interested in owning a Sulcata. It won’t be anytime soon, but with more time / research I am hoping to be the owner of a happy and healthy tortoise. I have some reptile experience; back home I owned several BCI’s and BCO’s and was a member of our local Reptile & Amphibian Society. I loved keeping boas, but my husband doesn’t like snakes! ?

Anyway, thank-you for having me on this forum. I look forward to learning and interacting with lots of interesting / knowledgeable people.

All the best!

-K

They are great and you won't regret it. I love watching my dinosaurs wander. LOL But I would ask others about the stability of their burrows. One of mine is just starting to dig long burrows and I would worry one could cave in under the weight of a horse. It's just something to think about if you plan on keeping them in the same space.

Good luck finding your perfect shell baby, no matter what its age. You'll fall in love so fast. :)

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina

All the best!

-K
Welcome to the forum! I’m also in S.C. and have a one year old Sulcata. Good info here and very nice people. We moved here from Maryland about 18 mo ago. Again, welcome