Hello from Pennsylvania!

Stormy Bluu

Location (City and/or State)
Central Pennsylvania
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and I am excited to meet other people who share in my enthusiasm for tortoises. Right now I have three red foots and a sulcata.

I have kept tortoises for quite a few years now and I also have a wide assortment of other reptiles and exotics in my home. I have also worked at a number of wildlife sanctuaries and zoological parks and have worked with large reptiles, exotic hoof stock, large cats, primates, and quite a few other species. I also run a small reptile and exotic animal rescue out of my home. A few years ago I moved from Tampa, FL to a small, rural area in Pennsylvania and I quickly realized that the area has no resources or placement options for unwanted animals that are not dogs and cats. The local shelter just doesn't have the knowledge, funds, or set up to house exotics and pocket pets, sadly. I get a wide range of bunnies, chinchillas, rats, snakes, dragons, ducks, iguanas, geckos, and turtles that find their way to my little ranch.

I am looking forward to learning more about tortoises and new husbandry technics and meeting all of you!

Janetzak

Location (City and/or State)
Butler Pa
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and I am excited to meet other people who share in my enthusiasm for tortoises. Right now I have three red foots and a sulcata.

I have kept tortoises for quite a few years now and I also have a wide assortment of other reptiles and exotics in my home. I have also worked at a number of wildlife sanctuaries and zoological parks and have worked with large reptiles, exotic hoof stock, large cats, primates, and quite a few other species. I also run a small reptile and exotic animal rescue out of my home. A few years ago I moved from Tampa, FL to a small, rural area in Pennsylvania and I quickly realized that the area has no resources or placement options for unwanted animals that are not dogs and cats. The local shelter just doesn't have the knowledge, funds, or set up to house exotics and pocket pets, sadly. I get a wide range of bunnies, chinchillas, rats, snakes, dragons, ducks, iguanas, geckos, and turtles that find their way to my little ranch.

I am looking forward to learning more about tortoises and new husbandry technics and meeting all of you!
Stormy, what area of Pa. I’ve noticed the same thing. Not many rescues in this area for tortoises. I keep trying to find some to adopt, and not having a lot of luck.