Hello from Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmymom

5 Year Member
I have a toroise but I don't know what kind he is. can you guys help???also I am having problems trying to attach a picture.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Judging by your profile pic I'm guessing Russian, but I'll wait until we can see a full sized picture first.

You can upload pics to tinypic.com. Once it's uploaded, there will be a several different text boxes on the left side of the picture. Copy and paste the section titled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" directly into your post and then when finish and submit your post the picture will be there.

And Welcome to the Forum!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Glad you found us and sounds like maybe you have gotten your answer on what kind you have. :)

Emmymom

5 Year Member
mjqxpt.jpg

Here is another pic, question for peanutbuTTER, can you copy and paste more than one pic at a time?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Emmymom:

Welcome to the forum!!

Your Russian tortoise needs to have his beak trimmed.

Emmymom

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Emmymom:

Welcome to the forum!!

Your Russian tortoise needs to have his beak trimmed.

how do I do that??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I should have said, "Your Russian tortoise needs to have HER beak trimmed." Because I THINK she's female. But would need to see the tail to be sure.

Its probably best to have a vet do it the first time and show you how. Most people use a Dremmel and grind it down, but some use a toe nail clipper.

If you don't cut up the tortoise's food, making her bite pieces off, that helps to keep the beak in shape. Also, feeding her on a rough surface helps, like a chunk of cement or a rough rock. Grazing also helps. Does she get any outside time?

Emmymom

5 Year Member
It has been a while since she has gotten out. we work a lot so sometimes it is hard. but I am trying to make her life more comfortable and exciting. The person who gave her to me told me to just feed her grass and she will be fine. also she had her in a tiny cage cooped up with a giant lizard. so I was glad to take her.

anyway I am learning a lot from this forum. and no I don't feed her grass

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Grass doesn't hurt. In fact, weeds are the best thing you can feed her (certain, edible kinds.) Most of us have torts that eat grass :)

dolfanjack

5 Year Member
Dallas Oregon
Hello, I too am from Oregon. Irie will eat some grass but Tortuga wont touch it, infact he doesn't even want to walk on it. This is a great forum with lots of nice knowledgeable people.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Emmymom said:
mjqxpt.jpg

Here is another pic, question for peanutbuTTER, can you copy and paste more than one pic at a time?

You sure can. I don't think there's even a limit as to how many pictures you can post either.

Very cute tort :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Welcome to the forum...I live in Corvallis and do a bit of rehab and rescue so please feel free to contact me I can ever help you...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I think there is a limit of number of pics per thread like 10 or 15, but a moderator would probably have to answer for sure, and welcome to the forum I have 3 russians myself, in so cal.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Hi Emily! I'm so glad you joined the forum. Lot of great info on here. Check out the Russian tort area. Welcome!

Emmymom

5 Year Member
TortieGal said:
Hi Emily! I'm so glad you joined the forum. Lot of great info on here. Check out the Russian tort area. Welcome!

Hey Susan, thanks for the recomendation! love this site. and you will be pleased to hear our tortoise got outside for a while, and we were able to change the sand to dirt and coconut core. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.