Status
Not open for further replies.

SAS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Milton, Ontario, Canada
CoCo first day homeIMG_2431.jpg

Hello everyone,

My name is Carole and our family just recently brought home an Elongated Tortoise. She is three years old and very nice. Her name is Coco. She was captive born in Ottawa Ontario, I think, or from the time she was ten days old anyways. I have been trying to get her enclosure just right. She has 36" x 18" Terrarium. We let her walk around outside when the weather is warm enough. She likes to walk around my reptile room and likes to hide under shelving unit.
I have a hide and water dish. Heat about 80 - 89 degrees Far. in the hot spot. She has a good appetite for banana but she is starting to get better with her greens. I get a lot of the greens from my own vegetable garden.

I started this forum by reading everything I could find on elongated tortoises. I will build a enclosure in the spring once the weather becomes nice again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Carole!

CDNPyxis

5 Year Member
Virginia
Hello Carole,

I used to live in Toronto and Guelph, will probably be moving back soon, there at least used to be are quite a few tortoise keepers in your area. Feeding from the garden is a great way to save on purchasing greens :)

Craig

Jeansie1988

5 Year Member
Hamilton, ON
I'm from Hamilton! :)
Just wondering, but did you buy this at the reptile expo in toronto? ... I saw one there... very cool tortoise! I, myself, have a redfoot tortoise and a leopard (that i just bought from the expo).

SAS

5 Year Member
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Jeansie1988 said:
I'm from Hamilton! :)
Just wondering, but did you buy this at the reptile expo in toronto? ... I saw one there... very cool tortoise! I, myself, have a redfoot tortoise and a leopard (that i just bought from the expo).

Yes, I did get her from the Toronto expo. A guy from Ottawa needed a good family to have her and he found us. Do you know of any other Elongated Tortoise owners on Ontario?

Carole

Status
Not open for further replies.