Hello from my lad Linford

Shellybob3

Location (City and/or State)
Dewsbury
My tortoise Linford is only around 7 month old hes Marginated. And absolutely obsessed with anything white, he sees something white and just tries to eat it, any advice, could it be a deficiency in his diet, thanks guys x

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
As long as you're giving him some calcium twice a week, it shouldn't be a nutritional problem.

Torts like bright colors, especially red and white, probably because so many flowers are red or white. To him, it's a trigger to eat it. Try walking around him with bright colored toenails...?

I was concerned whether I was giving my tort 100% of all he requires. So what I do is give a small pinch of calcium powder twice a week. Then I give a small pinch of Herptivite, a vitamin supplement, once per week. And finally, I give a small pinch of Miner-All, a mineral supplement, once a week.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
You'll probably find a caresheet in the species specific section which will be a good guide for you.
If you post pics of his enclosure you'll get great advice to make sure you have everything you need to make sure he's as happy and safe as possible.

Shellybob3

Dewsbury
As long as you're giving him some calcium twice a week, it shouldn't be a nutritional problem.

Torts like bright colors, especially red and white, probably because so many flowers are red or white. To him, it's a trigger to eat it. Try walking around him with bright colored toenails...?

I was concerned whether I was giving my tort 100% of all he requires. So what I do is give a small pinch of calcium powder twice a week. Then I give a small pinch of Herptivite, a vitamin supplement, once per week. And finally, I give a small pinch of Miner-All, a mineral supplement, once a week.
Thank you

harrythetortoise

Virginia
I have a marginated baby about 7-8 mo as well, and I noticed he likes to go for the whitish part of the greens I give him, and once tried to bite the white container I use to give him warm soak. I think the color triggers them naturally.