Hello from Florida

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome :)

Here is a little essential reading for you to help with your new chum. There is a lot of misinformation around about what's best for a young Sulcata and some real experts on here working hard to correct what people are told when they get their tortoise.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

How to raise a healthy Sulcata
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

For those who have a young Sulcata
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Please post lots of pictures. We love pictures anyway, but we can also help you perfect your tort's home. :)

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome BrianB and Morla. Looks like Morla has gotten off to a good start in life.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Hi and welcome to you and Morla. This is the best place for up to date info. You have a mighty cute tort there!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome to you and a very serious looking Morla - s/he obviously isn't happy about the paparazzi being on his/her case.

Last edited:

mark109r

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
Hi and welcome to the forum, a great place for info!!! You should also check out The Turtle and Tortoise Club of Florida's page on facebook. there is a Clearwater chapter that meets once a month at Moccasin Lake Nature Park.

BrianB

Clearwater, FL
Hi and welcome to the forum, a great place for info!!! You should also check out The Turtle and Tortoise Club of Florida's page on facebook. there is a Clearwater chapter that meets once a month at Moccasin Lake Nature Park.

Excellent, I'll look into it. Thanks!

BrianB

Clearwater, FL
Well Morla has settled in quite nicely, eating good and being very active! I also sunk the food bowl down into the substrate to prevent accidental roll overs :)

morla1.jpg

Last edited:

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
welcome youre in great hands here! we have some great people always willing to help and some who have owned sulcatas for years

i know most of the time people highly recommend terracotta dishes buried in substrate for water and a slate for feeding

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm a bit late here, too.
But a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you Brian and also to the beautiful Morla.