Hello from Doha!

yongsaurus

Location (City and/or State)
Doha
Hello everyone!

I’m a new tortoise owner residing in Qatar, Doha. I’ve never had a proper pet before due to some circumstances, I once was given an adult red ear slider turtle (i think he was, since he was big) by my cousin who no longer was able to house him. One day tho he went missing :( we dont know if he ran away, or if some stranger in our area stole him. where ever he is, I hope he in a good place. To this day to us he’s still missing and we’ve never actually found him. I’m always sadden by the thought of our missing RES turtle because I dont think we would ever see him again :(

I dont quite remember when it happened, but a family friend called in that day, they have found a “turtle” in their garage. They asked if it was our missing RES turtle; my mother who has absolutely no idea, thought it “looked” like our missing turtle....until they actually brought it in and it wasnt even a turtle much less a RES! during the first few days I was really stress about how to take care of the little buddy (i must admit im still very stressed about it till this day! but im trying my very best to give my now sweet baby all the love as i can!!)

I’m very extremely new to taking care of a pet...so please if send me all the tips and care information & I will try my best to provide Dino (thats his name!) with what he needs :) (this might sound dumb...but can some one please confirm what tortoise Dino is ? again, i was never interested or cared about any of this until i actually took Dino in)

519AC7D0-E556-4C50-974E-89F48617E8DC.jpeg 78B3EFB9-68A5-487E-9E1E-A61EEEB2F905.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

We'll need pictures showing the whole tortoise, including pictures of his underside (including the tail), in order to tell you what species he is. My guess is that he's a Greek tortoise, but I may be wrong.

yongsaurus

Doha
Hi, and welcome!

We'll need pictures showing the whole tortoise, including pictures of his underside (including the tail), in order to tell you what species he is. My guess is that he's a Greek tortoise, but I may be wrong.

hello! thank you for the welcome.

will these help? can you please help me identify the basics ? im totally clueless since ive never planned to have pets :-/ and i want this little buddy to have the best comfort!

8F152F44-C42B-4A03-BDDF-5E8D9984FD20.jpeg 10F11783-09D8-4919-AD47-96674CB97B95.jpeg

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Looks Greek to me! There are many members here that can give more details, so I will just say Welcome to TFO!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to you and Dino, who looks in good shape to me, but I am not an expert.

yongsaurus

Doha
Welcome to you and Dino, who looks in good shape to me, but I am not an expert.
Ah!! Thank you for the warm welcome. im glad she’s in a good shape. unfortunately she has a tiny crack scar on her shell, which she probably have gotten long before i had her