Hello from Colorado!

ReptileSavvy

Hi all!
My name is Amber and I am from sunny Colorado, but will hopefully be moving to Washington soon.

I currently have a Hermann's Tortoise, a Three-toed Box Turtle (Sasha) and a Ornate Box Turtle (Martha). The Hermann's still needs a name and I am also wondering male/female. I also have three dogs (Lucy, Xander and Rory), a Bearded Dragon (Teeto), three leopard geckos (Scully, Moose, and Arrietty), and a Mustang named Bilbo.

A few photos:

Sasha

Martha

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome the the forum.

Your "hermanni" looks like Russian/Hosefield tortoise to me. How long you had them?? They all look nice and healthy.

ReptileSavvy

I have had Sasha for five years and Martha for three years. They are all rescued. I have had the Hermann's for a week or so. I wondered about that as well... She was turned into the animal shelter I work at.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Sorry that I forgot to Welcome you and all your reptile to the forum. Good to have you here. Thank God that people turn their pat tortoise and turtles to the shelter instead of release them in the wild. Also that you have the heart and space to rescue them. Benefit of working in a shelter. Right?

ReptileSavvy

Thank you!! It is a wonderful to be able to do. "Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one animal". I love my "kids". It is a perk especially since there are so many that need help. All my animals are rescues in one way or another.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Welcome! That "hermann" looks like a russian to me too. All are beautiful. Great names too :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Amber welcome to the TFO from AZ. Let's see if I can help you ? This is a Herrmann . ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401083720.562964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

ReptileSavvy

It is entirely possible that the person I got her from didn't actually know. I believe you if you say that she is a Russian not a Hermann's.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) She is a Russian and they are awesome good save :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Amber.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif