Hello from Colorado

5Andersons

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado springs, Co
Hello all. We are excited to join the tortoise family. We got a Russian tortoise our son decided to name turbo. I've already learned a ton of helpful information on here, so thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge.

IMG_20200103_192104.jpg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome! May I suggest getting rid of that feeder bowl and going with something shallower like a terra cotta saucer? What you have there can cause your new friend to flip over. I get mine from Lowes for around a buck.

5Andersons

Colorado springs, Co
Welcome! May I suggest getting rid of that feeder bowl and going with something shallower like a terra cotta saucer? What you have there can cause your new friend to flip over. I get mine from Lowes for around a buck.

That's actually one of the things I already read and was planning on getting something new for food and water. Thank you!

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Hello all. We are excited to join the tortoise family. We got a Russian tortoise our son decided to name turbo. I've already learned a ton of helpful information on here, so thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge.

View attachment 284504
Welcome to the forum! Russians are great torties...very sturdy and lots of personality! Enjoy!