Hello from Calif

EllieA

Location (City and/or State)
California
Very excited and yes, nervous new Mom due today. I have read and read and read on here and feel as though I am prepared for a lifetime of adventure. My Sulcata comes today. Whew. I will let you know how this goes. Thanks for all your posting and help on here, I surely appreciate all you share.

Ellie A

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very excited and yes, nervous new Mom due today. I have read and read and read on here and feel as though I am prepared for a lifetime of adventure. My Sulcata comes today. Whew. I will let you know how this goes. Thanks for all your posting and help on here, I surely appreciate all you share.

Ellie A
Hello and welcome Ellie. What part of CA are you in? Where did you get it?

In case you haven't found all of these yet:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Welcome and good luck! Just got mine a week ago :) i dont know why i waited so long ! Always putting a smile on my face

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations

EllieA

California
Tortellini.jpg Thank you for the warm welcome all. Tortellini arrived today all wiggles and giggles. He is a big boy (I think) the other owner didn't know. He was being given away and I felt bad for him. I have 10 red-eared sliders and a box turtle, no in no way an expert on sulcata's at all. We weighed him tonight at 53 pounds. I wish I knew how old he/she was though. I am guessing male, from reading on here. I forgot to turn over while we had him up and on the scale. Maybe tomorrow. I am going to try to insert a photo

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 272322 Thank you for the warm welcome all. Tortellini arrived today all wiggles and giggles. He is a big boy (I think) the other owner didn't know. He was being given away and I felt bad for him. I have 10 red-eared sliders and a box turtle, no in no way an expert on sulcata's at all. We weighed him tonight at 53 pounds. I wish I knew how old he/she was though. I am guessing male, from reading on here. I forgot to turn over while we had him up and on the scale. Maybe tomorrow. I am going to try to insert a photo

Oh wow! You shocked me. I expected to see another baby ... but you’ve ADOPTED... GOOD FOR YOU! He/She is going to need an insulated heated house . Have you got the info you need for that? What a beautiful new addition you have! Congrats!