Hello From Arizona!

FrenchToast

Hello all from sunny Arizona. My wife and I are relatively new tortoise owners. My wife was given a baby tortoise about 4 years ago. She is a teacher and her students named the tortoise French Toast, hence the user name.

We just recently bought a second tortoise, that we have dubbed Tortuga. We think that French Toast is a girl and are hoping that Tortuga is a boy "fingers crossed." They are both Sulcata Tortoises. We are looking forward to a raising our new friends.

Killerrookie

Hello all from sunny Arizona. My wife and I are relatively new tortoise owners. My wife was given a baby tortoise about 4 years ago. She is a teacher and her students named the tortoise French Toast, hence the user name.

We just recently bought a second tortoise, that we have dubbed Tortuga. We think that French Toast is a girl and are hoping that Tortuga is a boy "fingers crossed." They are both Sulcata Tortoises. We are looking forward to a raising our new friends.
Hello and welcome to the family!!! Hope you enjoy your stay at TFO.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from Phx, AZ . Torts rule ! Dogs and cats do great in pairs , torts do better in Trio's . ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1429922859.283799.jpg talking to the TFO !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Please be sure to read the pinned threads at the top of the Sulcata section here on the Forum. And you probably won't be able to put the two together until the new one grows more to the same size as the existing one. Even then, be on the look-out for the smaller one to be picked on.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello and a warm welcome to Tortoise forum to you, your wife, French Toast and Tortuga.
Tortoises are pretty much solitary animals, they don't need friends or company and will often fight for territory, the best basking spots, food etc.
The bullied one can become deeply stressed, physically injured and sometimes killed.
Keep a close eye on them and remember tortoise bullying can be in slow motion.
Good luck.